cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experiences w//freecreditreportsinstantly.com or other free scores/reports trials?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any experiences w//freecreditreportsinstantly.com or other free scores/reports trials?

I'm checking out free trial deals for credit scores & reports, & wondering if anyone’s had experience w/freecreditreportsinstantly.com or other free scores/reports trials? The last time I did a free trial like this was 2 yrs ago & I don't remember seeing freecreditreportsinstantly.  Last time around I used myFico, but apparently I only get that one free shot, so I'm looking into the other sites where I can do this.

So far I've only looked briefly at freecreditreportsinstantly’s front page, & I noticed that some places they said you'd only get reports & others promised reports & scores. Obviously I'd like both :-), but b/c of the differing statements I'm hesitant to sign up for a free trial. I'm sure it's really a subscription you have to cancel w/in 30 days. That kind of arrangement's fine, but I want what I'm getting (or not) to be clearly spelled out. Besides, I see that Experian isn't making people's scores available anymore(!!) so how can any of these sites say customers will get all 3 scores?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
oneilldn
Contributor

Re: Any experiences w//freecreditreportsinstantly.com or other free scores/reports trials?

I'll recomend you CCT (crdit check total). Their scores are fako, but you are able to pull all 3 CRA's everyday. Their free trial is 7 days and then 19.95/month. But before your trial is over call them and tell them that you want to cancel since is too expensive.... they will offer you 9.95 a month..Smiley Wink
02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any experiences w//freecreditreportsinstantly.com or other free scores/reports trials?

Many thanks. I'm not too proficient w/abbreviations-I take it I'll only get fako scores from them? Know of any way to get fico scores w/a free trial, or is the only way to pay for them?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dazed,

You might want to check out Credit Karma, They're free. It's still a FAKO score but it does give you a general trendline you can follow...Just be careful about all the credit card offers on the website....Unless you really need additional credit the last thing you'll want is a lot of hardpull inquiries that ding your score.

Regards,

Cato

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can sign up for free 30 day SW and it gives you a EQ FICO score.

No free trials for a TU FICO score and consumers don't have direct access to their EX FICO score anymore.

You can get your free annual reports every 12 months --- see link below.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dazed wrote: 
Besides, I see that Experian isn't making people's scores available anymore(!!) so how can any of these sites say customers will get all 3 scores?

Because they are providing a credit score, but not a FICO score. Something we call a FAKO.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to sign up for the free SW, but the site said that since I'd already taken advantage of it once (that was2 1/2 yrs ago) I could only buy it now. I remembered about getting free reports after I put up that post.

Thanks!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For sure, Cato! I'm only doing this b/c I want to BT to a 0% intro APR card. I’d like to get the app in ASAP. I don’t have the exact numbers, but I know I’ve got VG to exc. scores, so I’m pretty sure I’ll only need to do one app (fingers crossed).

Thanks!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again-

Do anyone’s FAKOs offer anymore of a kind-of-reliable guideline than anyone else’s, or is it pretty much a FAKO’s a FAKO’s a FAKO situation?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dazed wrote:
I tried to sign up for the free SW, but the site said that since I'd already taken advantage of it once (that was2 1/2 yrs ago) I could only buy it now. I remembered about getting free reports after I put up that post.

Thanks!

Equifax sometimes offer free trials to their products, which often include an EQ FICO score.

If not, you can always call customer service and see if they can offer a free trial of any sort.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.