Anybody else get an email about Paypal changing terms

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed this?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My PayPal Credit account (not the mastercard version) is updated to the CBs everything a new charge posts.

Is this normal?

I am not liking this because it decreases my score every time it reports. Smiley Happy

Thanks, guys! Smiley Wink

HUH??  EVERY time a new charge posts ???????   That is absolutely insane.  I mean really, who does that?

When did you open your account?

I will rarely ever use this account again if I see that happening.  The purpose of reporting to the bureaus is not to report "purchases."   Creditors are supposed to report overall monthly outcomes.  Something about reporting all my individual purchases seems to violate my privacy.

I opened it 1 week from today ago. Smiley Sad

My PayPal MC does not update every charge, but updates everyday I use it. Very annoying!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 131 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm so folks have been experiencing their accounts reporting anytime there is activity? Interesting, I have the old eBay Extras MC but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in terms of reporting. Must be certain products.

Does anyone have any info on when in September PPC accounts will report?
Message 132 of 179
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think it will report on the 31stSmiley Wink
Message 133 of 179
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@Gonzozap wrote:

HUH??  EVERY time a new charge posts ???????   That is absolutely insane.  I mean really, who does that?

When did you open your account?

I will rarely ever use this account again if I see that happening.  The purpose of reporting to the bureaus is not to report "purchases."   Creditors are supposed to report overall monthly outcomes.  Something about reporting all my individual purchases seems to violate my privacy.

Now that you mention this, Gonzozap, I noticed that my Amazon, which is also Synchrony, last reported to the Credit Bureaus on 7-29-19, right after my Subscribe and Save was delivered to my home.  It used to post after the statement cut but it was never reported to the bureaus till the following due date.  My due date is the 5th and my statement cuts on the 12th.  Strange things going on at Synchrony. eh? 

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 134 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed interesting, though I do remember that several months ago there was a number of incidents with accounts managed by Synchrony reporting balances seemingly randomly and off-schedule. I think that it was in Februaury or thereabouts... It happened to me too.
Message 135 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony has been a lot more even with reporting lately but they did indeed do the whole reporting every time I put a charge on there thing in January/February. It hasn’t happened since though. 

Message 136 of 179
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

Synchrony has been a lot more even with reporting lately but they did indeed do the whole reporting every time I put a charge on there thing in January/February. It hasn’t happened since though. 

It's been fine all year for me, reporting once a month.  This is the first time I have noticed them reporting to the credit bureau off cycle with my Amazon account. 

We'll see what happens next month for sure.  (I paid it off, just in case)Smiley Wink

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 137 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted PayPal Credit customer service, they said the last statement on 08/08/19 will be reported to the credit bureaus in 2-3 business days.

Message 138 of 179
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@Syntax wrote: 

I just contacted PayPal Credit customer service, they said the last statement on 08/08/19 will be reported to the credit bureaus in 2-3 business days.

Have you seen it hit your reports yet, Syntax?  

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 139 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should arrive 2-3 days as of yesterday.
Message 140 of 179
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.