cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Thankful For MyFico/Members & Your Credit??

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Anyone Else Thankful For MyFico/Members & Your Credit??

Recently, I have seen so many success stories on here, as well as numerous people thanking these forums for helping them in some way with either a certain credit situation, or overall.  It got me thinking...how many people overall have significantly benefited from using these forums in some way? I am one of them for sure, and as corny as it may be or sound, I am thankful for it.  I'm also thankful for all of the generous Members, Moderators, & Community Leaders who took the time to respond to me or anyone else in a sincere effort to help.  Even if they didn't help me directly, I read a thread that helped me.  All I know is I'm in great shape today all because of these forums. Period.

When I started my credit repair in 2013, I never had a credit card, and knew squat about how to handle credit.  In fact, I feared it!  But somehow I found these forums in an effort to get on track.  My credit hasn't been the same since, in a great way! Now, anymore, I love hearing all of the success stories because I know I was in that position.  And I can now help others.

Anyone else feel this way?  And why? I can't be the only one Smiley LOL

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Else Thankful For MyFico/Members & Your Credit??

I agree 100% with everything you just said Ron! MF and the community has literally been my savior! I had my son in August of 2017 and it’s forced me to face some of my past mistakes. In a short time I’ve turned it around thanks to everyone here. I still have a ways to go but I now have the knowledge to guide me! 😊Cheers my MF’ers!
Message 2 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree 100% with everything you just said Ron! MF and the community has literally been my savior! I had my son in August of 2017 and it’s forced me to face some of my past mistakes. In a short time I’ve turned it around thanks to everyone here. I still have a ways to go but I now have the knowledge to guide me! 😊Cheers my MF’ers!

Good to hear Brandon! Glad everything is working out for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing.  I wouldn't have gone from 619 --> 850 in 2 years had I not found this forum.  I probably wouldn't even have done anything or had any sense of urgency to correct that 619 had I not found MF.   

Message 4 of 28
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I'm very grateful for this forum and its wonderful members. Since joining back in 2015, I've learned so much about credit and was able to rebuild from 400~range scores and help my family and friends rebuild as well. They look to me as their personal credit guru and everything I learned is from here! Full of tips, tricks, advice, encouragement, lessons learned, insight, data points, I could go on and on. I love it here and feel like family Smiley Happy
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 28
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I truly believed I was going to live my entire life with crappy credit. I just turned 30 and am only now realizing that's not true. I found this forum a few months ago, and my scores have been improving ever since! I started in the 580's, probably even lower, and I just bought my first brand spanking new car. My scores have recently been dropping, but I know that's only because of my new cards and the AAoA. Something I wouldn't have known without this forum!

It may sound silly to other people, but having decent credit and knowing it's going to keep getting better has given me a new confidence I didn't have before. I always felt like a loser because my credit sucked and I couldn't get approved for anything if my life depended on it. I don't feel that way anymore and it makes me so happy to see other people succeeding in the same way.

So, no, you are definitely not the only one who feels super appreciative. My life has started going in the right direction for once, and I have the wonderful and amazing people here to thank for that. It's something for which I can't say thank you enough. HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 6 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure thing.  I wouldn't have gone from 619 --> 850 in 2 years had I not found this forum.  I probably wouldn't even have done anything or had any sense of urgency to correct that 619 had I not found MF.   

Same here BBS.  I didn't have much of a sense of urgency either.  That has changed completely for me now. 

Message 7 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I truly believed I was going to live my entire life with crappy credit. I just turned 30 and am only now realizing that's not true. I found this forum a few months ago, and my scores have been improving ever since! I started in the 580's, probably even lower, and I just bought my first brand spanking new car. My scores have recently been dropping, but I know that's only because of my new cards and the AAoA. Something I wouldn't have known without this forum!

It may sound silly to other people, but having decent credit and knowing it's going to keep getting better has given me a new confidence I didn't have before. I always felt like a loser because my credit sucked and I couldn't get approved for anything if my life depended on it. I don't feel that way anymore and it makes me so happy to see other people succeeding in the same way.

So, no, you are definitely not the only one who feels super appreciative. My life has started going in the right direction for once, and I have the wonderful and amazing people here to thank for that. It's something for which I can't say thank you enough. HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Queen_Etherea that is a good spin you put on it.  It is defintiely a confidence booster and it doesn't sound silly to me at all!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree as well. We get to read about other people's situations and about their struggles and triumphs. I love to read stories when one of us comes on here confused about whatever it may be regarding credit and then the community comes together and offers as much help as possible, from advise to lending their ears to encouragement and finally to a congratulations. Thank you to all myFico members!

Message 9 of 28
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree as well. We get to read about other people's situations and about their struggles and triumphs. I love to read stories when one of us comes on here confused about whatever it may be regarding credit and then the community comes together and offers as much help as possible, from advise to lending their ears to encouragement and finally to a congratulations. Thank you to all myFico members!

I'm with you! Always nice to see the good end result

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.