Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else harassed this way?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else harassed this way?

I have a bad auto loan through what used to be Bank One, now Chase.  A while back they refused to take my payment  (Dec) when I made it online through their website.

I made a couple payments last fall during job transition within the 30 days, but not 30 days late, they did call me and I explained the situation both months.  Anyway, we went round & round, I brought in the MN AG office for help to stop the BS that was happening on my account; got it straightened out 5 months later; and my notice to them was that I would always make my payments either before, on or during the 10 day grace period via my bank electronic bill pay so I HAD TRACING PROOF they received the payments.

My payment is scheduled for this Friday (13th); because of pay periods, rent, etc. it wasn't paid on the 5th (due date); but it will be within the 10 day grace before a late charge (but not LATE pymt); and today starting at 8 AM they have begun calling me.  I wasn't sure who it was all morning because NO message was left; until just NOW 7:45 PM CST.

Does anyone else get harassed in this manner, they KNOW I'm working, they KNOW where I live, etc. and I want to know if anyone else deals with this...I have another 18 months of payments and do NOT want to go through this (yes, I have been paying before or on the due date prior to last fall & as of January again) it just worked out this way this month.

Please tell me what you have done, should I get the AG involved again or is this something I will have to deal with until I'm done paying?  I can't re-fi because it's a 1999.

Thank you ANYONE
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else harassed this way?

I hope its at least a 1999 Porsche that your paying for all that grief. Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NoSmiley Sad  It's a great Blazer I named "Hope" because that's what it meant to me back then; and it was supposed to be the start of new "educated" life, earning back good credit, being smart about finance, the whole nine yards. 

I honestly don't feel like pulling out my hair but come on, I KNOW I didn't sign anything that said they can call me like that - this is NUTS!

Anyone know what I might try?!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously, I think they may just be holding close to the line with you so they can document that they had to call you each month etc.  It may be a result of you already having got the AG involved they have to be extra diligent in theie collections with you.  Just hang in there.  Maybe you can have them prorate a payment so it falls at a more favorable time of the month. Just a thought, don't know if that will help.  Good luck!  You could also use call block!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks So-Confused!  I would still think it's a form of harassment though since most people never receive a call until AFTER or close to 30 days...but then what do I know on that part!

What is a call block? 

What's going to be really interesting is to see whether or not they accept the payment again or hold it conveniently until AFTER the 15th, so they can charge me a late fee as they had done.

Wish I could re-fi this is really not right for people who try like heck to get their life back after 7 years!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call block is a feature from your phone company to block calls from those you don't want to here from.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  The number always changes that's why I was surprised.  However, I guess it seems like since I'm past the DUE date by 5 days it's their right to harass me all they want.  And you are right, I'm sure I PO'd them off.

Lesson learned - don't ever sign over your life to a bad auto loan or home loan, NEVER or you will pay dearly in more than just money!

It took me 5 months to get this resolved and as of this AM, the "outstanding prinicipal" is $92 less than "payoff"

I just got off phone with them - told them when I was making the payment; and geez, the first 5 questions are always the same...what's your address, what's your insurance, are you the primary, where do you work, etc.  I told her and then finally I said it's the same as you already have on file.

I HATE THIS!  People, don't ever get involved with this crud!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried asking them to move the payment due date to a more convenient time of the month?  I've never dealt with auto, so I'm not sure how it works, but with CCs and SLs you can change your payment due date.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beach123,

My previous mortgage company did the exact same thing to me.  Payment due on the 1st, no late charge until the 15th, but I swear to you, they called me if the payment was not there on the 2nd. It drove me nuts.  Refinanced to get the h* away from them [actually refi for a better rate, but it sounded good]Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish I could re-fi, car is one year past the re-fi unless Capital One would do it, not sure..I'd be HAPPY as heck to send them a certified check for the entire THING!

I pay 23.25% interest per day - if you can believe it, I'm actually down to $2.55/DAY and if I change the date - I have to pay even more interest for that timeframe.  May reconsider since it isn't going away any time soonSmiley Sad

Thanks everyone!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.