cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else see Experian updating scores late?

tag
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Anyone else see Experian updating scores late?

I paid off $1400 on 1 card....after about a week I saw a nice bump on my other scores of 12 points. Experian notified me of the 1400 payment, but their score did not budge...will it? Is it just late? Or will it not bump at all?

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
7 REPLIES 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else see Experian updating scores late?

Lots of anecdotal reports of delays in both lender reporting and bureau updating lately. When you made that payment, did it bring your utilization across any thresholds? What was your individual and aggragate utilization like % before and after that payment? 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to say but if you got an alert from them that the payment was updated, there would have been a score update as part of that alert. 

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kxkxkxx wrote:

I paid off $1400 on 1 card....after about a week I saw a nice bump on my other scores of 12 points. Experian notified me of the 1400 payment, but their score did not budge...will it? Is it just late? Or will it not bump at all?

@kxkxkxx, I have Noted that since around March 15th, EX has been very peculiar in reporting.

I have called a few lenders, and the updates were sent. But EX is seriously lagging on some updates.

The same accounts were updated on EQ and TU properly.

Experian just updated a $4 dollar Amex charge card balance that should have been updated on 6/4.

One Citi DC MC has not updated, As well as a Penfed PCR Visa.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 4 of 8
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 I think you nailed it. If I remember correctly...this also happend about a year ago and they were lagging by 2 months!

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 5 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@kxkxkxx wrote:

My experience with Ex is they update all my credit cards before Trans and Equifax but are always a day or 2 behind the other bureaus on my installment loan updates.

It's been about 6 months that I noticed this occuring.

Message 6 of 8
gorgon
Established Contributor

TU and EQ started showing my new auto loan on 5/10 and 5/11, but EX didn't report it until yesterday. Definitely something going on there.

Message 7 of 8
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I paid a NFCU cc down to 0.00 ( 8900.00 paid off) EQ, TU show and put me over 800, EX nothing, no alert etc. I looked on my experian.com report, was reported 6/4/2020.

Nothing here.

2nd NFCU card shows and updated on all 3 as normal.

My scores refect the lag

814 ***803***784

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.