cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else see this Apple Card CRA oddity?

tag
aynot4fitness
Contributor

Anyone else see this Apple Card CRA oddity?

GS/Apple hasn't reported my info to any of the 3 CRAs since reporting my Aug balance in Sept. Has anyone else seen this happen? It just seems a bit unusual. They've reported by the 4th of the month, every month for the past year, so it made me curious.

Personal

Business

:
:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else see this Apple Card CRA oddity?

GS is very inconsistent with reporting. My Apple card is still showing an old balance, I don't remember which month's balance. Others, and myself, have experienced similar oddities in the past as well. The takeaway, don't rely on Apple to report in a timely manner. So if you are going to finance products on it I would make sure it doesn't max out the utilization or you might suffer that penalty for several months.

Message 2 of 10
pakratus
Contributor

I think this happened to me in July/Aug.  I had ran up $500, paid off before statement closed, it reported anyways and stayed on my reports for another two months.  It came off the same day as a new card reported (coincidence?).

While this was going on, Credit Karma would show the $500 when on the accounts overview, but detailed account info for the Apple Card showed no balance and current.

Was your balance the largest balance to report on that card?

Message 3 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is not uncommon for GS or the Apple Card. I cannot recall a single month where the reporting was as timely as other FI's.  Suffice to say, it will eventually get there...sometimes I don't see updates for 3 weeks after a statement period closes.  

Message 4 of 10
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

For me Apple always reports mid-month (closing date is last day of month).

Message 5 of 10
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

However, I have a loan with Marcus by GS and reports without problems. Apparently, it is Apple accounts that usually suffer from delays so I have been reading here.

Message 6 of 10
aynot4fitness
Contributor

@pakratus wrote:

Was your balance the largest balance to report on that card?

Nope, the largest balance on that card was about $2,000. I just checked and all 3 CRAs still shows the $930 balance from August. Right now my balance is $540. It's not a big deal at all since I know it will catch up at some point. I was just curious if this happens to others and it seems as if it does.

Personal

Business

:
:
Message 7 of 10
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

+1. The most consistent thing about my GS/Apple reporting is that it's consistently late. 

Message 8 of 10
BMW_328i
New Contributor

Apple Card Reporting

Hi, I received my card in October and received the following updates; - TU reported on 11/14 - EQ reported on 11/17 However, EX has yet to report this new account. Has anyone been in this situation and how was it resolved? Thanks in advance!
Starting FICO 8s | 01/2020: EQ 495 ✦TU 471 ✦ EX 505
6Month FICO 8s | 06/2020: EQ 576 ✦ TU 533 ✦ EX 543
7Month FICO 8s | 07/2020: EQ 598 ✦ TU 530 ✦ EX 567
12Month FICO 8s | 01/2021: EQ 606 ✦ TU 589 ✦ EX 576
15Month FICO 8s | 04/2021: EQ 634 ✦ TU 613 ✦ EX 598
Message 9 of 10
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card Reporting

Sometimes it can take to two billing cycles for a new account to report. I would wait a couple more weeks. 

Current Cards:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.