cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone elses Walmart sc showing closed Experian?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Old Walmart card suddenly showing as open on credit report

So, after doing some digging, it looks like there are 2 different WM accounts. I had my own account. That is showing as closed on one report. Another report is showing an open account, but it is actually a WM card that I was an authorized user on. Ugh! What a mess-up. I'm going to give it a month for them to straighten it out. 

Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone elses Walmart sc showing closed Experian?

I wouldn't think so, as it should stay on your CR for ten years. Thus contributing to your scorein a positive way, whereas if it was totally removed it would likely affect them negatively. 

While at the same time Cap1 reports it with the original opening date, so it's like having 2 accounts rather than 1 contributing to AoAA?

Or do the CRA's haev some algorithm to account for this? 

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I mean. Since mine is about the same as my aaoa. It stayed the same but what about ppl who got this card years ago as 1st card. Or just recently. We will see if it hurts, and helps them.
Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another thing just came to my mind. I wonder if this would affect Chase 5/24 rule. I wonder if the closed account and the open account would count as two towards the 5/24 rule. Obviously if this was true then a manual review would possibly be successful. Seeing as they are the same account just transferred. Not like I am anywhere near 5/24 but I do plan on being there at some point LOL. I also find it hilarious when I open my app and see my credit limit for my Quicksilver at 500, and my Walmart store card at 6k LOL. I have given up on credit limit increases with capital One.
Message 24 of 46
adelpit
Established Member

Walmart Changed Banks, I lose!

My credit rating just got dinged a full 25 points because Walmart changed from Synchrony Bank to Capital One for their credit card processing! It's showing up as a "closed" Synchrony account, although I was given a new Walmart card by Capital One. What can I do about this? It seems like a situation where I should add a note to my credit report. I didn't close the account! They did!

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Changed Banks, I lose!

25 points seems extreme . . where are you getting your scores?

Message 26 of 46
adelpit
Established Member

Re: Walmart Changed Banks, I lose!

Experian.com, FICO Score 8

I also took out a very small loan ($2,500) in August, already half paid off, which isn't showing on my Experian report.

Message 27 of 46
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Another thing just came to my mind. I wonder if this would affect Chase 5/24 rule. I wonder if the closed account and the open account would count as two towards the 5/24 rule. Obviously if this was true then a manual review would possibly be successful. Seeing as they are the same account just transferred. Not like I am anywhere near 5/24 but I do plan on being there at some point LOL. I also find it hilarious when I open my app and see my credit limit for my Quicksilver at 500, and my Walmart store card at 6k LOL. I have given up on credit limit increases with capital One.

As stated earlier Capital One is reporting new accounts as if they had them from the date they were originally opened with Synchony. The closed account and new account are giving you positive history with no penalties obvious. As for 5/24 that can only be a issue if you opened your account under 2yr ago. I am sure that Chase either has a rule programmed in to account for it or recon can read the "transfered to another lender" remark.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes opened it 10 months ago, and that's what I meant by manual review. They would see transferred. I obviously meant for instant approvals...
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Sync is reporting closed account, but then today it says capital one is showing closed but neither of my cap one cards are closed? I dont get why they are both reporting closed? My walmart card does show up on my capital one sign in and I can pay it etc, but not sure why it says sync AND cap one closed? Plus my ex score dropped 8 pts overnight. That is odd?

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.