cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone elses Walmart sc showing closed Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone elses Walmart sc showing closed Experian?

It just dropped recently like last night? My credit monitor have mistakenly told me my cap1/Walmart was closed but when open app it shows new account. You don't have an open Walmart showing at all on report?
Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

My capital One card reported my statement to the credit bureaus. They kept the same statement date synchrony. did not realize it but they reported on about the 13th, and then again on the 15th since that was my state glad to see foremost it is a smooth transition
Message 32 of 46
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My capital One card reported my statement to the credit bureaus. They kept the same statement date synchrony. did not realize it but they reported on about the 13th, and then again on the 15th since that was my state glad to see foremost it is a smooth transition

Did your Cap One Walmart report to all 3 CRAs? My TU & EX have the new Cap One Walmart account. But EQ only has the closed Sync Walmart, not the new Cap One Walmart, so the loss the my $10k Walmart CL raised my util from my carefully maintained 9% to 11% on EQ, grrr!

Message 33 of 46
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did your Cap One Walmart report to all 3 CRAs? My TU & EX have the new Cap One Walmart account. But EQ only has the closed Sync Walmart, not the new Cap One Walmart, so the loss the my $10k Walmart CL raised my util from my carefully maintained 9% to 11% on EQ, grrr!

sorry @DaveinAZSmiley Surprised

mine finally showed up the other day on both TU/EQ. They'll pop upSmiley Wink

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 34 of 46
jimnorton

Capital One/Walmart "merger" question

Hello all, thank you for checking out my first post and it's great to be part of this community!

My post has to do with he Capital one takeover of WM CCs which I'm sure you're familiar with, and I'll include a bit of info for context (this may be common knowledge, I know!). I began my WM CC account in 2016 and the issuing bank was Synchrony up until this month. As soon as Walmart went from Synchrony to CapOne, I now login to my WM CC account through CapOne so the transfer of banks is obviously complete. 

Because of this, my WM/synchrony account, open since 2016, now shows up as a closed account while a new WM/CapOne account now shows up as open since the same 2016 date. My question is, will this affect the average age of my accounts, and subsequently my score? (I'm guessing it will since the word "closure" is in there). Again, the new account opened simultaneously open from the same date but I have to say that them closing my original account all willy-nilly was a bit angering.

With that said, thank you for your time, I hope to hear from you guys and I look forward to being a part of this forum!

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine did eventually hit Equifax. But it was a bit after the other 2.. it will show up. And if not I'm sure they will fix it. They've reported the account last week. And again reported on my statement date
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One/Walmart "merger" question

a closed account stays on record for 10yrs so you do not lose that account immediately. and because of the backdating on the new account it improved your AAoA not made it worse. it might improve your fico score a tiny bit.

if they didn't backdate the new account then it would have hurt your AAoA a tiny bit, because of a new account averaging in at 1 month of age. it doesn't affect a score very much, otherwise nobody would be able to sign up for new accounts without ruining their score.

Message 37 of 46
jimnorton

You learn something new everyday, thank you for that creds!
Message 38 of 46
cgeefly
New Contributor

Same hereSmiley Sad

My EX went down 5 points!! Booo, Hiss--!!

I did easily easily attach the Walmart account to my other Capital One for easy payments.

I too, hope Capital One reports sooner rather than later.

Thanks all for letting me know this is normal.

I love this forum!

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they backdated the account mine10 months old it could not strengthen my 1 year aaoa. That's just obvious
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.