cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had a card for 7 years but it only reports the last rolling 5 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had a card for 7 years but it only reports the last rolling 5 years?

Title says it all. I have a card through a local credit union that has been reporting exactly 60 months of history for a while now, despite that I've had it for a time approaching 7 years. One month falls off each with each reporting as we add a new month for the latest report. Weird! 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone had a card for 7 years but it only reports the last rolling 5 years?

Does it show the actual open date?

Message 2 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

It's like a ticker for those that have 30 and plus day late(s)....they can watch them age and eventually age off. Which bureau(s) report it like that? eta: not saying you have lates but I know what you're talking about with the months graying out.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

It's like a ticker for those that have 30 and plus day late(s)....they can watch them age and eventually age off. Which bureau(s) report it like that? eta: not saying you have lates but I know what you're talking about with the months graying out.

TU - Opened 5/14, but only shows back to 3/16 - this is the one I was looking at, but then looked at Equifax and ... 

EQ - Opened 5/14, shows back to 5/14 but has been overwriting 61+ month data with an X "No Data" instead of actually DELETING it. Slightly different behavior. 

Message 4 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

TU - Opened 5/14, but only shows back to 3/16 - this is the one I was looking at, but then looked at Equifax and ... 

EQ - Opened 5/14, shows back to 5/14 but has been overwriting 61+ month data with an X "No Data" instead of actually DELETING it. Slightly different behavior. 

The "date opened" is the only thing that matters.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Is this on Credit Karma or Annual Credit Report?  Both of those show my history grayed out as well.....my tl was opened in 2011 which is showing in the "date opened" but the "payment history" only goes back to 2013 and each month that passes the check marks are replaced by a grayed out box.  Is that what you're talking about?

On my Annualcreditreport above the payment history is this: 

Payment History
View up to 7 years of monthly payment history on this account. The numbers indicated in each month represent the number of days a
payment was past due; the letters indicate other account events, such as bankruptcy or collections.

Message 6 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous  If you're not referring to Annualcreditreport.com then pull those and compare.  My regular subscription to TU only shows pymt history back to March 2016.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try to answer several posts at once: 

- This information was confirmed using the Credit Karma app, across TU and EQ (though slightly different behaviors) 

- Date opened shows as correct among both 

- Thought it was an app limitation, the 60-rolling-month thing, but my other cards in the CK app show 7+ years with no problem

I believe I have narrowed it down to this being unique to the creditor. A small local CU. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.