cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Credit Check Total for $1 scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone use Credit Check Total for $1 scores?

I did a search for Credit Check Total and it seems very infrequently discussed.  Does anyone use them?  I know you can pay $30/mo for complete monitoring and all your scores and such, but what I used it for after being recommended to it from a member on the forum was simply getting my 3 bureau FICO 08 scores for $1.  Evidently if you cancel in 7 days you don't get charged for anything else, but they'll tell you they'll cut the $30/mo fee in half to $15/mo if you want to keep the service. 

Personally I'm not interested in the full service, but I'd like to check my credit scores every now and again.  I'm not sure if this can be done again with another "trial" down the road... anyone have any experience with that?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone use Credit Check Total for $1 scores?

Many, many, many of us use CCT. And many have done the trial multiple times.

Message 2 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

I've been on the $15/month plan since June of last year, which means it's about to expire. I wonder what happens when I call next month to cancel.   hrmmmmmm

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

I've been on the $15/month plan since June of last year, which means it's about to expire. I wonder what happens when I call next month to cancel.   hrmmmmmm

I'll hit full price with my next billing. My plan is to pay full price for a month and then call up and act all shocked that the price doubled on me. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Many, many, many of us use CCT. And many have done the trial multiple times.

Nice, so they don't lock out your SS# or something after doing the trial once then.  I like the info that it provides, but as of now I'm really just after the scores as I'm planning on acquiring more CC's next month.  Two of the three cards that I get will provide two different FICO 08 scores though (Discover, Amex) so then I'll just be missing the 1 score which I plan to continue to peek at on CCT on occasion for a buck.  That's my plan anyway.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to use a different eMail address.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  Funny that they try to control it by email address when those are far easier to come by than different SS#'s.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood.  Funny that they try to control it by email address when those are far easier to come by than different SS#'s.  Smiley Happy

Shhhh 👿

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heard that.

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi guys
i recently decided to go the CCT Route full on as i did the dollar deal and after hearing others here advise about call in to cancel before end of trial they offer half price for a year, decided to do so. At the time i was enrolled with Experian credit tracker but figured for about $15 i could see my EX everyday just like Eperian.com plus get my monthly fico8 scores/ report from TU and EQ. Was paying like $22 a month for Experian alone so saving 7 bucks was worth it. Main difference i see is alerts from Experian.com seems to be much faster than CCT.

ANYHOO i believe when i talked with the rep on phone she told me this price was for a full year but to call back before the last month to see about continuing the deal. Sounds to me would be great to just call let them know you have had the half price in place for awhile and would like it to continue if possible. Sure would like to think they would want to keep a paying customer. If not well we always do have Myfico Smiley Happy. Just my 2 cents. Cheers!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.