cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for new phone service. Multiple hard inquiries?

tag
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Applied for new phone service. Multiple hard inquiries?

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but hopefully someone can help me.

My contract with Verizon recently ended, so I decided to go TMobile as they have the Galaxy S3 Note with the $0 offer with approved credit. The first time I tried to apply for the phone online and was approved, but the system timed out and gave me an error. So I went to the store. They ran my credit again and I was approved. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the order, so it had to be cancelled. The store associate said they would have to run a credit check one more time to get my order reprocessed. I consented because I really wanted the phone. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Are all of those considered to be one hard pull or is it three seperate pulls? And if it's three seperate pulls, how do I go about disputing that, if it can be disputed at all?

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Applied for new phone service. Multiple hard inquiries?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

They are all legitimate pulls and would be scored individually.

Generally inquiries cannot be disputed.  But, I would contact T-Mobile and explain what happened and see if they would be willing to either remove 2 of them or recode to a SP.

Message 2 of 4
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Dang. I was afraid of that. So outside of asking TMobile to remove two of them they're going to hurt my credit for two years?

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Inquiries are only factored into your score for 1 year but remain on your report for 2.

Nothing that I know of.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.