Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 3 Cards to weeks ago........Question about reporting status

tag
Isha82
Valued Member

Approved for 3 Cards to weeks ago........Question about reporting status

Hey Guys,

So excatly 2 weeks ago, I went on a mini app spree for the first time in 6 months and got approved for the Capital One BuyPower World Elite MC, Capital One Play Station Card, and the Capital One Sony Card (yep....loves me capital one, I also have their quick silver and their platinum card). So the first card started reporting yesterday, but I am not sure which one it is since they are all from Capital One and all for the exact same credit limit. My issue is the card that started reporting shows as a regular new account credit card on my Experian account, but today it starts reporting on my TransUnion account as a "Flexible Spending Account". Does anyone know what this means, does it affect anything, and why it is showing as this rather than a regular credit card account? It shows my credit limit so i'm not sure what's up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Isha

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 3 Cards to weeks ago........Question about reporting status

I'm not sure about that, but as far as determining what card is reporting you should be able to figure that out from the account number.

Off topic, when you applied for and got approved for 3 different Capital One cards, did you just receive 1 HP per bureau as if you applied for 1 CO card, or did you receive multiple inquries per bureau?

Message 2 of 6
Isha82
Valued Member

For the Buypower Card and the Play Station card, they ran 3 bureaus for the Sony card they only pulled one. Ironically however the few pts that caused my scores to fall was bootsted back up past what it was before that because I had just made some big payments on my current cards and then the new credit limits started reporting, so that blanced out Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Isha82 wrote:

Hey Guys,

So excatly 2 weeks ago, I went on a mini app spree for the first time in 6 months and got approved for the Capital One BuyPower World Elite MC, Capital One Play Station Card, and the Capital One Sony Card (yep....loves me capital one, I also have their quick silver and their platinum card). So the first card started reporting yesterday, but I am not sure which one it is since they are all from Capital One and all for the exact same credit limit. My issue is the card that started reporting shows as a regular new account credit card on my Experian account, but today it starts reporting on my TransUnion account as a "Flexible Spending Account". Does anyone know what this means, does it affect anything, and why it is showing as this rather than a regular credit card account? It shows my credit limit so i'm not sure what's up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Isha

My Venture Siggy and QS WEMC are listed as Flexible Spending Accounts. As I have learned. They act just like a regular CC. Although. You can over the CL limit. (Hope not) And not get penalized, but you have to pay it back when the statement cuts to get it below your CL again. And other little things that dont come to mind at the moment. Years ago I read they didnt even report a CL.

Message 4 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

So 7 pulls or 4 pulls?  Did they use the same 3 pulls for the 2 cards or pull twice from each of the applications?

I really must say that before I would have done that I would have looked elsewhere for good cards!  Three pulls is a bit much for a credit card IMO!

Many banks even with multiple applications will only pull your credit once and give a decision for all apps as long as they are done within a certain amount of time.  

I got an increase on my BofA card with the same pull they used for my new card.  I almost felt like applying for another card because of that info.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Also the account type might later change when the statement cuts or simply update later when more info comes in.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.