Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 24th is the day!!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

April 24th is the day!!

After having 25 inquiries on my TU report as of June 2009, my last inquiry is set to fall off on April 24th.  At the time when I had 25 inquiries, my TU FICO score was 771. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: April 24th is the day!!

It will be great, I am sure, when they all fall!  But just dont expect things to be as precise, and to the day.

Neither the fall off of inquiries from your CR nor how long they are included in your credit scoring are direclty regulated under the FCRA.

They are strctly administrative practices set by the CRAs and Fair Isaac.  The CRA practive is to delete from credit report inclusion after two years, and the Fair Isaac practice is to no longer include inquiries in your credit scoring after one year.  Their procedures dont track those items to the day of the month.  Much too cumbersome.  The most you can hope for is deletion after the month follwing the one or two year dates.  Neither of those "fall-off" provisions are disputable under the FCRA.

Message 2 of 15
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

DI, do you use a credit monitoring service that tracks your score over the last few months?  It would be interesting to know how much all those inquiries were affecting your score.  Did you happen to be on a credit binge during that time?  Gardening now?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@tpatterson2k9 wrote:

DI, do you use a credit monitoring service that tracks your score over the last few months?  It would be interesting to know how much all those inquiries were affecting your score.  Did you happen to be on a credit binge during that time?  Gardening now?

No, I have no money to waste on credit monitoring services.  I'm my own monitor with the help of sites like credit karma.    I watched over the past two years with credit karma what effect the inquiries had on my score with it.  I got an average of two points as each inquiry deleted.   I'm now at a 767 CK score.   I was at 690 April 2009 .  I've gained over 50 points just from inquiry deletions alone.   I've had a credit freeze on my TU report since then, that's how I was able to not get any new inquries when apping for new credit. 

Message 4 of 15
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

DI... love your answer!  I actually have a tear in my eye... I'm so proud to hear that kind of answer from our Super Contributor member.

Message 5 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

DI... love your answer!  I actually have a tear in my eye... I'm so proud to hear that kind of answer from our Super Contributor member.

Ha ha!

Message 6 of 15
veracious
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

No, I have no money to waste on credit monitoring services.  I'm my own monitor with the help of sites like credit karma.    I watched over the past two years with credit karma what effect the inquiries had on my score with it.  I got an average of two points as each inquiry deleted.   I'm now at a 767 CK score.   I was at 690 April 2009 .  I've gained over 50 points just from inquiry deletions alone.   I've had a credit freeze on my TU report since then, that's how I was able to not get any new inquries when apping for new credit. 

Hello,     DI

How did you manage to apply for new credit without getting an inquiry?

I'd like to try that myself.

Thanks

DI
Super Contributor

@veracious wrote:

@DI wrote:

Hello,     DI

How did you manage to apply for new credit without getting an inquiry?

I'd like to try that myself.

Thanks

Hello.  Every card that I applied for in 2009 pulled my Equifax report.  Any creditor who tried to pull my EX or TU reports wasn't able to,  therefore no card was issued. 

Message 8 of 15
veracious
Established Contributor

Thanks, DI.

I still don't see how that is an advantage.  If there were any cards that you wanted,   why did you want them to pull Equifax ?

Does  Equifax score your inquiries differently ?

Thanks

DI
Super Contributor

@veracious wrote:

Thanks, DI.

I still don't see how that is an advantage.  If there were any cards that you wanted,   why did you want them to pull Equifax ?

Does  Equifax score your inquiries differently ?

Thanks

I had no inquiries on my EQ report and 25 on my TU.  The chances of my getting approved would've been slimmed had the creditors pulled my TU report. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.