cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are CRA'S bound to update pd judgements ?

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Are CRA'S bound to update pd judgements ?

I have the question of , are the CRA'S "bound" to update ones credit report to satisfied or paid once it is pd ? 

I have one that I pd 8K back in April on, (full amount )  and both TU and EX have deleted it but EQ has not and continues to report it, unpaid with the whole balance showing,  "unpaid " ! 

I disputed back near the last of September as "staus", not sure if that was the correct selection?  

But, are they not required to update once it's paid from their, so called. .."furnisher of information " ?

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Are CRA'S bound to update pd judgements ?

Yes, CRAs are under a statutory requirement to adopt reasonable procedures for assuring the accuracy of information in their credit files and credit reports they issue.

FCRA 602(b) and 607(b).

Message 2 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding to my question.
Evidently, EQ must have adopted. .." procedures" that kick in , in a year or so !

I'm nearing the 7th month mark on one I pd 8K on and they still haven't updated it yet !

Thanks again,
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 3 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Just to be clear on my situation on this. 

I have paid a judgment,  back in April,  of 8k, to BoA, and now going on 7 months later, EQ still hasn't updated this to satisfied or paid status ! 

I don't see that it's up to me to do this as they are the CRA reporting it (TU and EX deleted it ) and I have a dispute in with EQ.  

Someone said that they have "procedures " to do this, but what kind of time limits are they bound too ? 

It just keeps causing harm as it keeps my score down, looks as though I still owe this to banks that "may" otherwise deem me eligible for pre-equals, and even better offers , IMHO!  

Still 2 weeks away from their "investigation " to have run, but it sure takes its toll !! 

TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes take 30-45 days to complete. Is this the first time you've disputed it?

Message 5 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it is the 1st time I have disputed it.

I ordered my report 5 weeks ago but EQ still hasn't sent it and and has "escalated "to an upper branch to try to find out why I have not yet received it !

After many, many attempts, I was able to do an online dispute via CK.

In the meantime over the summer, I have documentation from the clerks office that the OC filled a satisfaction with the court but again, EQ, in all their "wisdom" , still refuses to update this !

So, I have a satisfaction with the court(months ago), a receipt where I paid EQ for a report ...(weeks ago ) and them still reporting this 6 yr old judgement as " unpaid " !
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The issues related to the CRA handling and update of public record information is the current subject of litigation.

A summary of the issues can be found at:

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/eqj/Faqs.aspx

Message 7 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

After reading through this link ^^^, it appears to me that EQ never wanted to admit they were in the bed with Lexis-Nexis!  Says they were getting their "proof " from our local courthouses which was a blatant bunch of bull ! Now, the way I understand it, they admit no wrong BUT..will follow procedures to list the furnishers of information  (as they should have been doing all along ) ! Still not doing so, as of now, with my report anyway!  

Guess they're holding out until the "settlement " is finalized!  

Procedures,  to them, seems to apply only to us, the consumer  as they've covered up for LN , their bedfellows!  

Hope they soon have to really play by the same rules we have too ! 

TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.