Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are DCU CLI reported as new tradelines?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Are DCU CLI reported as new tradelines?

Sounds silly, but I've had bad experiences w them and PPMC reporting new tradelines when you would think it wouldn't be created/reported... I clicked the Accept button for a CLI and I've received a message on the site about my 'loan application' and I've received emails about my 'loan application'. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Are DCU CLI reported as new tradelines?

No not IME. It's only a CLI.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

Sounds silly, but I've had bad experiences w them and PPMC reporting new tradelines when you would think it wouldn't be created/reported... I clicked the Accept button for a CLI and I've received a message on the site about my 'loan application' and I've received emails about my 'loan application'. 

Because you're applying for more credit on your existing line.  Just the way they're wording it. 

Message 3 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

I've received several CLIs on my PayPal Mastercard, from the starting limit of $7k in 2017 to the current $12,500 CL and it's never changed anything on the reporting except the credit limit. I've never had a CLI on any credit account change anything but the credit limit.

Message 4 of 9
cr101
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I've received several CLIs on my PayPal Mastercard, from the starting limit of $7k in 2017 to the current $12,500 CL and it's never changed anything on the reporting except the credit limit. I've never had a CLI on any credit account change anything but the credit limit.

I misworded that. I meant that PPMC reported things as a new line when they shouldn't have (my replacement card). Can you imagine how cautious and disciplined we'd all be if CLI were reported as new accounts? LOL

Message 5 of 9
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Dcu calls all credit products, loan applications

I asked them when I applied for the Visa card, it freaked me out that it said loan application

Message 6 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Dcu calls all credit products, loan applications

I asked them when I applied for the Visa card, it freaked me out that it said loan application

In my experience, most CUs do this

Message 7 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I misworded that. I meant that PPMC reported things as a new line when they shouldn't have (my replacement card). Can you imagine how cautious and disciplined we'd all be if CLI were reported as new accounts? LOL

Ah! That seems to be a Synchrony special - I lost my Walmart store card a couple years ago, replacement card reported as a new tradeline, but at least with the original open date. And the old card reports in Closed Accounts, and as one of my oldest cards it helped my AAoA.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave, you are lucky, synchrony usually puts a fresh date on the new tradeline date, from what I've read. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.