cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are credit limit decreases shown on report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are credit limit decreases shown on report?

Are credit limit increases or decreases permanantly displayed on a full credit report (annual paper version) anywhere or on any other report creditors see? Was asking before combining card limits because if a creditor sees a card with a decreased limit, it may not look so good. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are credit limit decreases shown on report?

It may depend on the specific report, but I believe it can be seen on all of them.  On my real/paper TU report it shows the CL history of my accounts, so I can see the date of each CLI.  I'd imagine the same or similar information would be found on the others.

I wouldn't worry about one decreased limit, so long as you still have other limits that are [relatively] higher.  If you're combining limits, whatever one is dropping by another is increasing by, so it's really a lateral move.  Credit limits in and of themselves don't impact Fico scores or your profile really.  If you were taking CLDs across all of your accounts at the same time that could raise a few eyebrows as it may suggest AA being taken for some reason, but in your case that's a non-issue. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.