Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are updates to CRAs instantaneous?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Are updates to CRAs instantaneous?

I aks this because Verizon claims to have updated my account on the 17th of April and Equifax is still showing incorrect info even though a lady from the Verizon exec office assured me that the correct info was sent. Then, I hear the ol' "up to 30 days" deal. But I know it updated INCORRECTLY pretty quickly on 4/14. 

She further said the same info gets sent in one shot to all 3 bureaus so the info should be the same on all three. But the other two have not had the incorrect info at all at any point during this time described above. And none of the reported show april as the last update. 

Confusing.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Are updates to CRAs instantaneous?

Usually when a CRA receives an update it takes a day or three for it to be processed.   I don't think that the CRAs are sitting on weeks worth of updates, usually the delay is on the side of the creditor.     Sometimes creditors make updates to their records but only send updates to the CRAs once a month, hence the 30 days.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

The bureaus do not update on the same day that much. For me, it seems EX is the quickest, followed by EQ (maybe the following day) and then fianlly TU (which could be up to a few days later)  If she is claiming to have sent the information, just be patient for a few days and then check to see. I don't think they are slow on purpose, or sit on anything. I just think their receipt of the data and getting it updated into their records takes a bit.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 3 of 4
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Well, it's now 4/24 and no update still....

What puzzles me is that Equifax was the only that changed in the first place on 4/14. 

All three read: closed at consumer's request up til 414.

Then on the 4/14, equifax updated as a collection and my score plummeted some 27-28 points. The other two have had no movment or change in status one way or the other and none show any april update. That change on EQ has been showing with 3/12 as th3 last update throughout this ordeal. 

I think creditor's can change info without showing a dated update for the activity.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.