Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset acceptance sucks

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

Asset acceptance sucks

I called and asked them to send me a letter saying once I paid that they will make my account PFD. They told me they couldnt do no such thing, that I would have to pay first. How insane is this? I am steaming right now. Now I know why everyone wants to pull out there hair with these people.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asset acceptance sucks

Is the account past the satute of limitations and when is this scheduled to fall off your credit report? If you are beyond SOL definitely refuse payment without a deletion. PFD agreement first, then money.
Message 2 of 6
serenity72
New Contributor

on 2 accounts the SOL are past. On one account it will fall off in feburary 2008.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good in that case, the ball is in your court. You have the power to negotiate. If it falls off, it is illegal to re-insert even though many will try. Just make sure you get a current copy of your credit report printed up showing the accounts and the dates reports and keep it in a safe place. Definitely do not pay without a letter of deletion. Also, make sure you only contact them in writing as they will do anything to try and screw you over.
Message 4 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

before you get too crazy on playing hardball with them.   How much is owed on the debt?   Even though there is no magic number on how much they will sue over,  if it is close to or over a $1,000 CA's don't even blink an eye to sue for that much.
Telling them you aren't going to pay is an open invitation for them to sue you so I hope you have the money ready in case they don't budge.
Message 5 of 6
serenity72
New Contributor

yes everything is over $1000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.