Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User ; Barclays

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Authorized User ; Barclays

Hello all,

I was recently added to a Barclays card as an authorized user by my spouse, but they did not request my social. Only my birthday. Is that normal practice for Barclays? How will it hit my credit reports?

Thank you. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User ; Barclays

I'm not sure if it's normal practice for Barclays but there are a few lenders who don't request the SSN for authorized user. Even still they manage to tie account to the authorized user and as such the card will report to the bureaus.
Message 2 of 7
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

I have the Barclays Frontier Airlines card and my wife is an AU.

No SSN was required to sign up, but does show on her credit report.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays will report to an AU's credit reports. They do not need the SS number for the AU to do so

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

To follow up, this account has ONLY reported to Equifax. Never showed up on others. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 7
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Not specific to Barclays, but I was added to a Chase account as an AU without my social being needed and it started reporting as soon as the statement cut so it is not a requirement (and reports to all 3 bureaus).

Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

To follow up, this account has ONLY reported to Equifax. Never showed up on others. 

Lenders technically aren't required to report to all 3 bureaus. Normally they do, but they aren't obligated to do so. They're actually not obligated to report at all. The law only says that IF they report, they must report accurately. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.