Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Removal Impact...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Authorized User Removal Impact...

I have quite a few cards, but didn't realize I was an authorized user on two of my wifes cards which she has kept near the credit limit. Today I called and got myself removed from them and I am wondering if the removal will be reflected on this months CR update and if it will just disappear from the report or if it will show closed or something similar.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User Removal Impact...

@KeithW wrote:

I have quite a few cards, but didn't realize I was an authorized user on two of my wifes cards which she has kept near the credit limit. Today I called and got myself removed from them and I am wondering if the removal will be reflected on this months CR update and if it will just disappear from the report or if it will show closed or something similar.

@KeithW If you simply asked to be removed as an authorized user the current status will show terminated, But the tradeline will remain up to 10 years.

you can have the entire tradeline removed if you like. 

Message 2 of 7
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

My only goal is to get the high utilization impact removed. The payment history is perfect. Will what I did stop the ding of high utilization?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Some lenders remove accounts completely, others leave them with annotation *terminated*.

If those accounts stay on your report as terminated, they will not be affecting your utilization. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you did fine, once terminated, utilization doesn’t count anymore, as stated above, but if the tradeline remains you get the benefit of the age, if that helps you.
Message 5 of 7
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

I just logged on and was going to ask the exact the same question!

My wife is an authorized user on one of my CCs.  I am currently at 48% utilization ($7k balance).  If I request to have her removed (can I request or does she have to do it?), will it totally disappear from her CR thereby giving a positive result for her utilization?  The CC is only 2 years old and she already has much older trade-lines.

Message 6 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Gladius  Either one can request removal. Once the AU, status is terminated, utilization isn't an issue even if it stays on CR because balance/limit are no longer referenced

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.