Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on Chase/Delinquent Acct Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User on Chase/Delinquent Acct Inquiry

Hello, I've been an authorized user on my wife's chase card for about 4 months now. Yet, it still haven't hit my CRs. After reading through the forums, would she have to provide chase my SS# to get the card to show on my CR? Is this also true for AMEX Blue CC? She recently applied online, and had me added as an authorized user, and was approved. On the online application, she was able to submit my SS# and DOB as well. So, to make it short, should I be expecting the AMEX Blue to show on my CR? I have been trying to get my score back up after about 5 delinquent accounts, which are all paid for. But my score still lingers at EX 606, EQ 619, not quite sure on TU. Since I paid for all those delinquent accounts in full after they went to collection, would there be a sure-fire way for the CC company to wash this off of my reports? They have been paid off for about a year now (roughly 10k). Greatly appreciate any feedback/advise from anyone in these knowledgeable forums. -ibe
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User on Chase/Delinquent Acct Inquiry

Yes, as an AU the account should show up on your reports. Try a GW letter for your paid collections.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tusc. I had her call Chase, and they said that since i'm only an AU and not responsible for payments, it doesn't show up on my report. Now, if i were to offer up my SS# to chase, would that do the trick to get it on my report?
Message 3 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ibe333333 wrote:
Thanks Tusc. I had her call Chase, and they said that since i'm only an AU and not responsible for payments, it doesn't show up on my report. Now, if i were to offer up my SS# to chase, would that do the trick to get it on my report?

Just dispute the account as "not mine" with the CRAs.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so I just received the AMEX Blue card as an authorized user, and AMEX adamantly refuses to report it onto my credit report. Any convincing way to "pursuade" amex to report this AU account to my CR?
Message 5 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Did they say why? I know Amex Blue normally reports for AUs.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was a pretty short answer: i'm only an authorize user
Message 7 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ask whomever added you to call and find out.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the person who added me did call, but still a no, so all in all, i still dont understand why, as i've read people's posts that AUs are reported on their CR
Message 9 of 10
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

CC companies are reacting to the increase in unethical AU use and taking care of the situation before it even reaches the scoring factor. I'm referring to TLs that are bought and sold, I'm not saying yours is unethical; please don't take offense. Smiley Happy

I think the AU advice given adamantly in the last couple of years is a bit outdated and just continues to spread and multiply despite the fact that so many CCs are not reporting them anymore.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.