Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user account and my mistake in the past

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user account and my mistake in the past

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a heads up. It's not uncommon for lenders to ask that AU accounts be removed when applying for a mortgage. Personally I would skip the AU account.

My Lender business partner recommened it for me...

Message 11 of 17
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Hope it works out for you on your mortgage. Heads up a possibility when it gets to underwriting, it may very well be asked that you be removed from account.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMG_4393 (002).jpg

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for some reason i couldnt type on the same post at the photo, anywas this is what i got back from my dispute. This is such an effin lie, since Discover is a major creditor that reports to the 4 major credit reporting agencies. I even confirmed that Discover has been sending my information to Experian and Transunion. The above response is from Experian

Message 14 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for some reason i couldnt type on the same post at the photo, anywas this is what i got back from my dispute. This is such an effin lie, since Discover is a major creditor that reports to the 4 major credit reporting agencies. I even confirmed that Discover has been sending my information to Experian and Transunion. The above response is from Experian

Why is EX lying? CRAs don’t add info to their reports from individuals. Did EX and TU send you anything in writing that they were reporting Discover? Did you send this info to EX along with your request. Since you disputed (w/parents ok) in the past to have Discover removed from your CR as an AU, all of the confusion may stem from there. The back-and-forth with the legal maneuvers of disputing the info of wanting to be taken off the CRs and now wanting to be added back on is confusing at best. 

IMHO, this just may have to be viewed as a lesson-learned and move on. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why is EX lying? CRAs don’t add info to their reports from individuals. Did EX and TU send you anything in writing that they were reporting Discover? Did you send this info to EX along with your request. Since you disputed (w/parents ok) in the past to have Discover removed from your CR as an AU, all of the confusion may stem from there. The back-and-forth with the legal maneuvers of disputing the info of wanting to be taken off the CRs and now wanting to be added back on is confusing at best. 

IMHO, this just may have to be viewed as a lesson-learned and move on. 

Discover sends to Ex to TU and now they are saying that Discover has to be part of thier paid service, which is BS. Anyone who has a Discover card knows that it reports on all 3, sorry if you dont get it.  I didnt ask EX or TU to add information from me but to research the fact that Discover was reporting to them, I would have never had to go the legal route if Ex and Tu had removed me when I was removed from my parents card, the only one that did was Equifax and they put back on when I was put back as AU, seems Ex and Tu want to play by thier own rules

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user account and my mistake in the past (Update)

Just an FYI on this as some have stated it’s not worth pursing, every little bit helps in my case. After calling Experian and asking them why they were not showing the account on my credit report. They stated that they were receiving updates from Discover but couldn’t tell if these were real or not and that Discover would have to send them information on letter head stating that the account is active and I am an authorized user.

I’m on a special account with Experian since they received a legal letter, which means I get transferred over 3 times until I reach consumer affairs. I can tell they were being very petty on having me jump through hoops to get this account re-established.

Well with the board’s resources and information on backdoor numbers, I ended calling Discover Executive Customer service and I am now working to see if I can get letters sent out from Discover to Experian and Transunion to re-establish this authorized account back on my credit report. I have to give props to Discover on seeing if they can help on this, with a team of 10 people, the rep made it a point to tell me she would do the best to help me.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.