cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user on 6 credit cards?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user on 6 credit cards?????

I would dispute those cards as “not mine” to get them remove from your profile.

If you’re more responsible than her, you’re scores will eventually go up.
Message 11 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean, is there any rule to dropping AUs then putting them back on?  Perhaps take yourself off of them and see how your credit score reacts.  Maybe just leave that oldest one in place first.  If your scores stay the same or even increase, you know not being associated with those AU accounts is the way to go.  If her utilization was in check no doubt they'd be helping you, but being an AU on accounts with 70%+ utilization IMO isn't doing you any good, especially if your utilization on your personal accounts is in a good place.

The only real issue is banks like Amex do a HP to add an AU, so if he wanted to be re-added to an Amex card in the future, he would get a HP.

Message 12 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean, is there any rule to dropping AUs then putting them back on?  Perhaps take yourself off of them and see how your credit score reacts.  Maybe just leave that oldest one in place first.  If your scores stay the same or even increase, you know not being associated with those AU accounts is the way to go.  If her utilization was in check no doubt they'd be helping you, but being an AU on accounts with 70%+ utilization IMO isn't doing you any good, especially if your utilization on your personal accounts is in a good place.

The only real issue is banks like Amex do a HP to add an AU, so if he wanted to be re-added to an Amex card in the future, he would get a HP.

While there have been a couple of recent reports of this, I tend to think it's a fluke and is not the new 'normal'.

I added an AU to my own Amex PRG and there was no HP for anybody.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While there have been a couple of recent reports of this, I tend to think it's a fluke and is not the new 'normal'.

Totally agree!

Message 14 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. I was under the impression that Amex, Citi, BofA, and WF all did hard pulls.

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting. I was under the impression that Amex, Citi, BofA, and WF all did hard pulls.

To add an AU there's almost never a HP; that's why it gets so much attention when someone reports that it has happened, and why those instances are believed by many (including myself) to be a fluke or glitch. 

This is also assuming the party reporting the HP isn't mistaken to begin with.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.