cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Insurance Score - Can Someone Please EXPLAIN?

tag
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Auto Insurance Score - Can Someone Please EXPLAIN?

My FICO scores are in the 760 range and have been that way for a couple years now. I never paid much attention to the CK Auto Ins Score but took a look today. WTH? It was 805 with a rating of "POOR"! I have an excellent driving record! I understand CK "Is what it Is" but I find this very confusing. Can someone please shed some light on this subject?
Thanks,
Paul

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Insurance Score - Can Someone Please EXPLAIN?

@SquidBilly wrote:

My FICO scores are in the 760 range and have been that way for a couple years now. I never paid much attention to the CK Auto Ins Score but took a look today. WTH? It was 805 with a rating of "POOR"! I have an excellent driving record! I understand CK "Is what it Is" but I find this very confusing. Can someone please shed some light on this subject?
Thanks,
Paul

Yes, ignore the score.  It's meaningless

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

As the CK site indicates, the score has nothing to do with your driver record.  It is based on the data in your credit report.  Your FICO's are also irrelevant.  The auto insurance score is looking and weighing your credit differenty as it is trying to gauge your likelihood of filing a claim based on that data -- not extending credit.

https://www.creditkarma.com/auto-insurance-score

@SquidBilly wrote:

I understand CK "Is what it Is" but I find this very confusing.

If you understand then stop worrying about it.  That is, unless your insurance company actually uses CK's insurance scores.

Message 3 of 6
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Gotcha... The rating of "POOR" just freaked me out. I have been working very hard NOT to see that word. Lol
Thanks..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you seeing the auto insurance score in CK? When they changed the site it disappeard and I can't seem to find it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

N/M, I'm blind!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.