Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan with credit union?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan with credit union?

Hello everyone! According to Experian, my equifax is currently 755, tu is 736, and ex is 733. I'm hoping to get an used auto loan in the Southern California area. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a credit union to apply with that mostly uses equifax since it's my highest!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan with credit union?

Navy Federal is hands down the best if you have a family member in any branch in the miliary you just need to give their name. I also if you have gone through any credit enhancement programs whatsoever then make sure all of the alternative bureaus are either frozen or suppressed so that the bureaus cannot pull data that has since been deleted from their bureau from another one. For instance TransUnion now used LCI you would need to freeze that report and request a copy of all the information they have for you on file. Do the same with Sage Stream Lexis Nexis LCI again but for insurance you would request on the Verisk side of things which is their financial information data center etc... once that has been done if there is any inaccurate information you will want to challenge that info ASAP! Having said all that The reason I like Navy Federal  is because they use their own proprietary scoring methods and system to make their credit risk based decisions! Make sure all credit cards are paid down at all times to 10% at a minimum (1% being the sweet spot for max points and better approval chances). When applying for mortgages or auto loans depending on the bureau and score used (usually FICO 8 Auto or FICO 8 Mortgage Report) there is a bias against store cards so I always tell my clients to just leave it at Zero and do not use it at all while going through a loan process ever. Mod cut

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

DCU (Digital)
Message 3 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

AOD FCU, the credit union doesn't have to be in your state to get loans and such.

They use EQ and the rates are fantastic!

https://www.aodfcu.com/rates/

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those rates are indeed good, and very detailed! Even NFCU doesn't quite go that in depth, they list anything older than 2019 as simply used. And AOD doesn't have an entry for unsold 2019 vehicles. The rates do seem comparable though. 

In house places like MBZ are running some good deals for CPO as old as 17, if you can find any that is.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.