Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avant loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avant loans

I checked them in June and got a denial with a TU score of 791. I wanted to see what my TU is now since my reported installment loans just dropped a ton and I'd already done my three CRA pull on SCT. EQ and EX were updated, TU wasn't. So I hit the Avant app again today. Approved! For a fantastic APR of 35.91%! With a TU score of 819Smiley LOL (Note: TU was 784 yesterday without the change in installment loans updated).

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Avant loans

I've taken out a personal loan with Avant formerly Avant Credit. I live in Chicago and they are based here.

I've actually taken out 2 loans with them before. The last one was about 6 months ago, they offered to refinance my original loan which i took out in 2013 for 2,000 at 70% interest rate but I was in my last semester of grad school, was rebuilding and seriously needed 2,000 asap for school payment. So I did it. 

6 months ago I shouldnt have taken the bait, but I did. Their TU score for was outdated and was 698, approved at 36% percent interest for a rather large amount. But at least this time i didnt need to do anything, I just uploaded a bank statement and the next day was funded. 

Very very interesting that with your score you couldnt at least get a better rate. Makes me wonder if they even give anyone a lower rate than 36%. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

I've taken out a personal loan with Avant formerly Avant Credit. I live in Chicago and they are based here.

I've actually taken out 2 loans with them before. The last one was about 6 months ago, they offered to refinance my original loan which i took out in 2013 for 2,000 at 70% interest rate but I was in my last semester of grad school, was rebuilding and seriously needed 2,000 asap for school payment. So I did it. 

6 months ago I shouldnt have taken the bait, but I did. Their TU score for was outdated and was 698, approved at 36% percent interest for a rather large amount. But at least this time i didnt need to do anything, I just uploaded a bank statement and the next day was funded. 

Very very interesting that with your score you couldnt at least get a better rate. Makes me wonder if they even give anyone a lower rate than 36%. 

For comparison I took out a loan with Promise Financial in August at 6.2%. They also pull TU, and it was lower at 787.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

WHAT THE....

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa!! *Note to self* Never take out a loan with Avant!!!! Yikes!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa!! *Note to self* Never take out a loan with Avant!!!! Yikes!

Never take a loan, but they - like the other web lenders - are great for getting a quick Fico score. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

For comparison I took out a loan with Promise Financial in August at 6.2%. They also pull TU, and it was lower at 787.

Good morning Captool,

Has Promise reported to all 3 of your bureaus yet? It's only reporting to my EQ right now. I'm hoping this reports to all 3 and the other bureaus are just slow. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Good morning Captool,

Has Promise reported to all 3 of your bureaus yet? It's only reporting to my EQ right now. I'm hoping this reports to all 3 and the other bureaus are just slow. 

Also only reporting to EQ for me so far. It also reports as "Student" which, at my age, is cracking me up. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Good morning Captool,

Also only reporting to EQ for me so far. It also reports as "Student" which, at my age, is cracking me up. Smiley LOL

Me too. It took me a minute to figure out what it was because of the "Student" and because it's not listed as Promise Financial. Hoping it'll show up on EX/TU soon. 

Message 9 of 17
klarso11
Regular Contributor

I recently refinanced old high interest debt with Avant. Did everything via website. Cut interest rate in half no fees no collateral NO hard pulls! Interest rate is in low teens.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.