Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBT duplicate cards

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

BBT duplicate cards

I know there has been recent success with getting multiple cards and then the same cards with BBT.

I am not knocking anyoneSmiley Happy

I am just wondering is this just a BBT thing, or are there other cards that let you have more than one of the same card??

I am just curious on this and why you want the same card twice, double the rewards or more credit available??

Honestly just askingSmiley Happy))

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BBT duplicate cards

If one can have a FOTM , wouldnt you want a FOTD twice? Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If one can have a FOTM , wouldnt you want a FOTD twice? Smiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit 

Not sure if its the same card, of course it it had a HUGE limit, wait what was the question??Smiley Very Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sugar and Spice is twice as nice!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
zerofire
Valued Contributor

There are a number of reasons a bank might issue a duplicate card. One possibility is that the original card has been damaged beyond usability. In that case the number is still valuable and a duplicate preferred. Other options are for AU's since the whole account is on the shoulders of the main applicant the AU will generally get a card that is identical except with their name on it.

If you mean that a person gets two accounts with the same type that is generally because the intro offer is doubled as they now can have it per card. Sometimes also credit lines are easier to obtain when there is a split in the middle somewhere. It is easier to get two $10,000 cards instead of a single $20,000 card from most issuers.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@zerofire wrote:

There are a number of reasons a bank might issue a duplicate card. One possibility is that the original card has been damaged beyond usability. In that case the number is still valuable and a duplicate preferred. Other options are for AU's since the whole account is on the shoulders of the main applicant the AU will generally get a card that is identical except with their name on it.

If you mean that a person gets two accounts with the same type that is generally because the intro offer is doubled as they now can have it per card. Sometimes also credit lines are easier to obtain when there is a split in the middle somewhere. It is easier to get two $10,000 cards instead of a single $20,000 card from most issuers.

I don't think this is what @Jnbmom was talking about.

In any case.  Yes, there's a variety of lenders that can approve 2 (or more) of the same product type.  For instance, 2 (or multiple) BoA Alaska Airlines CCs (although they've cracked down on the SUBs and placed some application rules) or their Cash Rewards based on affinity.  Also, most folks who have 2 of the same products with the same issuer are the result of PCs over time. For instance, USB Cash+, Citi Double Cash/TY Premier/AAdvantage, Chase Freedom and/or Freedom Unlimited, Capital One QS/V/V1, etc.

Then, there's 5/3 or Huntington who can yield 2 of the same type of CC without a PC.  Products like 5/3 TRIO or Huntington's VOICE Low Rate as an example.

Message 6 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks, yes I was not referring to replacement cards.

Thanks for the insight as I was just curiousSmiley Happy

And i understand that point, I mean if I could get a duplicate of some of my higher SL cards , that would be tempting 🤔
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 8
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I covered both since I read it both ways. I covered it by paragraph based on the way I read it.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.