Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA - Tax Revenue Department!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA - Tax Revenue Department!!!!!

YOU GUYS!!!!!......

I'm freaking out a little bit here....I just answered a call from a foreign speaking woman who called her self Sharon, she asked

have I reached 952 XXX XXXX (my cell phone number) I gave that aaahh response

and she goes on to say, I'm calling from BOA your number was pulled as a number eligible to receive $2000. I said aaahhh and she goes now to ask

you haven't filed taxes in the past 3 months where you owe money have you? aaaahhhh.

That is what qualified you for this money of $2000. Please use this for whatever you would like but try and be responsible with it.

I asked now where are you calling from again?

California, now you live at....and she had all of my information correct so I stopped her and asked...

What company are you calling from?

I'm trying to tell you that you have some money coming too you through BOA you have an account with them correct?

What company are you calling from? And can I speak to your supervisor because I'm confused.

Tax Revenue Department of BOA

What's your supervisors name?

I'm trying to tell you that you have some money coming too you through BOA you have an account with them correct?

Then she starts talking to someone in the background in a FOREIGN language.

So I start pressing harder and she hangs up.

Now the scary thing is that I applied for a BOA card last week and got approved for their 99/500 card, but it's not like I'm a card carrying customer, I haven't even talked to BOA yet?

Besides calling my cell phone carrier too see if they can trace it.....what else should I do?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA - Tax Revenue Department!!!!!

Contact BOA..........they will take reports. Note the time of the call. I can look online at my cell phone bill and click the detailed version and see where all incoming calls are from.

Here in a larger town about 90 miles away they've been having a lot of trouble with people calling and pretending to be from the bank and giving you a website to go to and the website was really a fake. They also can manipulate caller ids to say they are calling from the bank. I can't remember which bank it was........maybe BOA.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok guys I guess this is where I'm going to find out if scorewatch is worth it or not....

I called BOA and talked too their fraud department. They told me the account hasn't been touched by anyone in their office. She refered me to FTC to see what they recommened. I never got through to anyone but their very nice recording told me to put a fraud alert on all 3 credit reports and keep an eye on my mail, credit cards, and statements.

Please chime in if you have any other thoughts.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a scam..........notify your AG's office   also send a letter to the FTC   telling them what was said(just like this letter that you posted here)  mail it.  They might already have complaints for all we know. Im sure that you have read scam alerts from the FTC and from your state site....this is where they  hear about them....from our complaints!

Also you should never give any creditor your cell #   or for that matter any other company.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-17-2008 02:10 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok what is so bad about them having my cell? I thought it was better than giving them my home & work number.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only give my home phone #  never my cell or work #!!!    It is creditors that give the #s to the CRAs  and I do not want them broadcast!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.