Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Payment History

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad Payment History

My credit score is taking a hit right now because of a "Collection" reported by Bank of America from a couple of years ago.  The account was a joint account held by my mother and I, but used by my mother.  She fell ill several years ago and was in an out of the hospital, and eventually passed away.  After her passing, I found out about the delinquencies to this account and immediately paid it off.

Now my question is, the account still shows up under my credit.  Is there anything I can do to have it removed?  Would a GW letter be my best option or is there something else I can do.

Also, I can't seem to locate any information on how to get in touch with BOA to try to take care of this.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Re: Bad Payment History

You can try a GW letter explaining the situation; it never hurts to try.  But since it's a joint account, you're just as legally responsible yourself. 
Message 2 of 5
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

TRY DISPUTING THRU THE CREDIT BUREAUS WITH THE COMMENTS THAT IT WAS YOUR MOTHERS ACCOUNT AND SHE HAD PUT U AS AN AUTHORIZED USED AND THAT U DIDN'T USE THE ACCT. THEY MAY REMOVE THE ACCT COMPLETELY

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Kevin5974 wrote:
TRY DISPUTING THRU THE CREDIT BUREAUS WITH THE COMMENTS THAT IT WAS YOUR MOTHERS ACCOUNT AND SHE HAD PUT U AS AN AUTHORIZED USED AND THAT U DIDN'T USE THE ACCT. THEY MAY REMOVE THE ACCT COMPLETELY

Kindly refrain from posting in all caps please. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.