Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baddies!!! Am I on the right track?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baddies!!! Am I on the right track?

Hey all,

Quick question?  I am working diligently on my credit report to remove as many baddies as I can.  How do I know when I have done all that I can to get them removed?  My main problem is late payments, by 1 or 2 days and a couple that were 30 days late.  The BK7 is just on there and won't be off until 2010 but the accounts will start dropping off early next year.

These are my baddies:

Collection Acct./  West Asset Management for AT&T bill, paid, sent GW letter to remove
No response yet

Afni, Inc./  collection- Cingular Wireless has a balance, (should I pay or PFD letter?)
Asset Acceptance/collection - Z-Tel, paid, sent GW letter
Capital One Cards- 2, gw letter
Mortgage Clearing Corp. -  lates
Select Portfolio- lates   sent gw letter
Shell-- 2 lates
Countrywide- 3 lates- they are removing though
Nicor Gas-- lates, sent GW letter

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Baddies!!! Am I on the right track?

On your late payments, were they reported before or after the bankruptcy? If any lates are being reported after the bankruptcy then you have problems. If they were accounts included in the bankruptcy then overtime your fico score will go up. As far as you requesting to have the negative accounts removed off here is reality. If the information is accurate then it is up to each creditor if they are willing to remove it form yoyr credit profile. What you can do is try the dispute process through the credit bureaus. And if you go that route then make sure you ahve a tracking number so you know when they ahd recieved your requests. The same thing goes with any creditor, always use a tracking number so you know when they recieved your mail. The other option is to find out their telephone number and call them directly and see what they say. Hope this helps you.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baddies!!! Am I on the right track?

The lates were reported before the bankruptcy on 2 mortgages, and the recent late with countrywide.  Then with the collections and other stuff it was after the bankruptcy like 2002-2004.

Thanks for your input.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.