cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffling Alert I just got, an 18 dollar payment resulting in EQ score jumping 61 points??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baffling Alert I just got, an 18 dollar payment resulting in EQ score jumping 61 points??

Okay so my CK just pulled and according to this, my last old derog I had been fighting for six months (which was reinvestigated twice and both times remained) just dropped off the report.

Reason for dispute - the account that originated this derog was PIF and cancelled in May 2012 (cell phone ATT plan) and after that they nailed me for a 300 dollar early termination fee (which was bogus, as it had been 24 months, which should have fulfilled the terms of the original contract) reporting as late and later derog from the date of cancellation.  They also added another 150 in "collections fees" on top of that, bringing the total balance to approx 480 dollars with tax.  Lol tax on a whimsical fee.   Fast forward to 2017 when I buy a car back in February, and I find out this has all happened when the dealership pulls my credit.  I never even got notified so five years later I find out my report has had this sitting on it.   So for the last six months I did all I could with the OC and later the collections agency explaining this, and even after dispute, reinv and the like, they basically threw me under the bus, so I just chose the F-U route and was letting it age off.  I refused to pay this on the principle of them trying to shoehorn me into a fee I legally should not be required to pay. 

Anyway.

It did NOT drop off TU.  So that explains the anomaly up front.

What bothers me, is this should not have dropped off at all, it had about 18 months to go before reaching the seven year since DOFD date, and it was no longer in dispute.

The collection agency did report it as still active to TU on October 22, which coincides with the date of the alert on EQ.

This just gets stranger and stranger.

Update, just checked Experian, new report generated as of 10/26 - its still there too.  Why it dropped off EQ and not EX/TU is beyond me.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Baffling Alert I just got, an 18 dollar payment resulting in EQ score jumping 61 points??

Well, I'm glad you sort of figured this one out.  Above is proof that a 5.5 year old major can hold back scores significantly. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.