cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffling charge from Experian?! Any ideas/advice?

tag
Yuruke
Established Member

Baffling charge from Experian?! Any ideas/advice?

I'm really confused and not sure what the heck happened here! I got a $29.95 charge on my Citi DC card today from Experian that makes no sense at all for 2 reasons: 
1.) I canceled Credit Check Total back in November and was NOT charged in December at all so why would it charge now? 
2.) Even more baffling, I had my capital one card set as the payment method for CCT and it was the card being charged for all the time I had the membership, I may have used the DC card for a one time payment but I don't recall ever saving it on the account. 

I tried logging into my Credit Check Total account but it just directs me to my Experian/Free Credit Report account now? And even that account only has my capitalone card saved to it as well. 

Any ideas guys? I disputed the charge with Citi but I don't want it to charge again. Is there some other Experian site I'm not thinking of that could be charging this???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Baffling charge from Experian?! Any ideas/advice?

@Yuruke wrote:

I'm really confused and not sure what the heck happened here! I got a $29.95 charge on my Citi DC card today from Experian that makes no sense at all for 2 reasons: 
1.) I canceled Credit Check Total back in November and was NOT charged in December at all so why would it charge now? 
2.) Even more baffling, I had my capital one card set as the payment method for CCT and it was the card being charged for all the time I had the membership, I may have used the DC card for a one time payment but I don't recall ever saving it on the account. 

I tried logging into my Credit Check Total account but it just directs me to my Experian/Free Credit Report account now? And even that account only has my capitalone card saved to it as well. 

Any ideas guys? I disputed the charge with Citi but I don't want it to charge again. Is there some other Experian site I'm not thinking of that could be charging this???

I'd suggest you call Experian and see if they can help you figure out where this charge came from (and to prevent it from happening again).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Baffling charge from Experian?! Any ideas/advice?

Hi OP

Email CCT and in the subject line, put “Cancel Membership number XXXXXX” to help@creditchecktotal.com. Reiterate what you typed here and tell them you are disputing the charge.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.