Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing Credit Goals - Please advise

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Balancing Credit Goals - Please advise

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid off First Premier $587 about two months ago. It showed as delinquent before that, now shows as paid charge off.

When you can request removal is based on the DOFD.

Message 21 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Birdman7, noted. I'm not sure which is more detrimental; deragatory or young account.

Segmentation (-) and removal of derogatory (+) might net him a gain. Of course, this is pure speculation as I don't have any hard data points to support it.

@AllZero It's not which is more detrimental. When you are re-assigned, you are compared against a different subset of people and different weighting is applied to scoring factors.

As a result, everything is weighed and calculated differently. I've seen people with an old derogatory fall off, and they lose significant points because they lack other old accounts. Search the forum, you will find them. It's hard to predict when there is reassignment due to an old derogatory falling off with no older accounts.

But, lucky for OP, he has other old accounts, so he should see the rise you predicted.

I agree with you. Perhaps, a poor choice of words. I was implying in regards to score impact, points.

Message 22 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

30-60 for the 90-day late or the charge off?
Message 23 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 open, 4 closed. 3 student loans total $24000. 33 yrs, 33 yrs, 15 yrs, all in hardship deferment.
Message 24 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
30-60 for the 90-day late or the charge off?

For the 90 day late.

Message 25 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I will ask for the early removal.
Message 26 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I'm guessing your score has rebounded some due to the paid charge off 2 months ago. Get your EE on.

Also, join DCU for their free EQ 5 score. Soft pull for membership. Get your EX 2 score from experian.com or creditchecktotal.com for $1. Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge.

Message 27 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU?
Message 28 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Free mortgage scores Get your free mortgage scores. Click the link. Also check out the Mortgage Loans forum to prepare yourself for the application.

Message 29 of 76
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 30 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.