Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned from Transunion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banned from Transunion?

Today I went to pull up my three CRAs like I am doing every month (it's free right now every 2 weeks on annualcreditreport.com, and since I'm less than 2 years out from BK7, I want to stay on top of those reports), and I could not access the TU report with an error message saying this could not be completed online. In the iOS app, it said that my identity could not be verified (this is an app I've used before). This actually has been happening for a couple of months.

So I went to the Transunion website, and the message was: "you cannot access your credit report because you have an ongoing dispute." Wait, WHAT?

History:

- a few months ago, I THOUGHT i signed up through the app to see my report,

- but I didn't realize that by entering my credit card data to set up a user account, I automatically agreed to their $24.95/month service.

- The site was set up in a way that it seemed like they just needed credit card information to move forward with making a user account (for free), then you could chose LATER to pay. I was just setting up a user account, like you do with any online service.

- Anyway, they charged my discover card, I disputed it, arguing that the site wasn't clear about whether or not I needed a credit card to simply set up a user account, and discover reversed the charge.

- ever since, I cannot log in or see my transunion report, only from the Experian site, which I DO pay for (and the myFICO product, which I also pay for).

I cannot find any evidence of any TL dispute that I've filed for my credit report with Transunion, so I am trying to figure out what is being "disputed"

Anyway, I'll try to call tomorrow, but I thought I'd share. I feel like "banned from Transunion" sounded pretty controversial LOL

EDIT: Fixed first paragraph to reflect what happened when I tried to get TU report from annualcreditreport.com

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Banned from Transunion?

From your explanation it sounds like you have a dispute WITH TU, i.e. with TU as a merchant rather than as a CRA, you are disputing a charge that they think you owe them.    .   Since you have a right to the report  cia annualcreditreport, presumably you can request it through the mail.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banned from Transunion?

@longtimelurker wrote:

From your explanation it sounds like you have a dispute WITH TU, i.e. with TU as a merchant rather than as a CRA, you are disputing a charge that they think you owe them.    .   Since you have a right to the report  cia annualcreditreport, presumably you can request it through the mail.

I will try that, thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.