Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard wont close my account.

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard wont close my account.

What a mess...

I find it strange that they can't verify it's really you to issue/activate the card but they're confident it is you enough to send you a bill for the AF. 

If they don't believe it's really YOU then who's gonna be paying that bill? I think I would call back & ask 'em.  

Message 11 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

What a mess...

I find it strange that they can't verify it's really you to issue/activate the card but they're confident it is you enough to send you a bill for the AF. 

If they don't believe it's really YOU then who's gonna be paying that bill? I think I would call back & ask 'em.  

Exactly!!

Message 12 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Barclaycard Arrival Plus mastercard and was approved.  I registered online and everything went fine and then I tried to make my first purchase and it was declined.  I called the 1800 number and they were rude. I answered the public identity verification questions correclty but they said it was wrong (I know the answer to those questions since it's about me).  Anyways, they want a copy of my drivers license, social security card, and a utility bill.  Im not desperate for credit and simply wanted a decent travel card...I told them to close it since Im not going to mail sensitive information like that when I dont even know their security policies on how my information would be handled.  They told me they cannot close my account while it is on hold and that they will continue to charge me an annual fee as well.  I escalated to a supervisor who was friendly but not much help.  I just filed a CFPB complaint but mainly wanted to share my experience here and see if anyone else has been treated similarly.  I

With all the great competition out there - there's no point in doing business with a company like this.  

I agree that there's no point in doing business with a company like that. Barclays is a mismanaged, out-of-control organization.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.