Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays CC accidental late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays CC accidental late

So I have a NFL card from BarclayCard and don’t really use it have a recurring bill of 13 bucks to keep it open. I thought it was autopay or its been like that for past 2 years. However I get an email that my payment was late. So I paid it immediately freaken out I called and they said it wouldn’t effect my credit report/score. Does anyone know if this is true, never been late on any of my payments so not sure how it works. TIA
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays CC accidental late

Unless it's 30 days past due you will be OK.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many days late was it? If it was less than 30 days, you should be good. I was one day late before and called Barclay and they reversed the late fee as it was due to the mail.
Message 3 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Your credit report will be fine. Barclays will be the only lender who knows you were late. It's possible that there may be some limitations on this one card for a while, such as being ineligible for a CLI in the immediate future.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was late by a day only, so looks like I am alright....
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious. If it was on autopay for 2 years, how did it randomly stop? Do you recall making any changes?
Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, the 2 years on autopay and then a late payment is concerning.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My thing would be that you call them, and ask for a LATE FEE Forgiveness, say we totally forgot about the bill, and mistakes happen.  No credit report hits or anything will happen unless you totally miss it for more than thirty days.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don’t remember making changes, but went online and made sure it was autopay. I didn’t ask for the fees waived as I didn’t care about them was concerned about my score/reports. But apparently 1 day late isn’t going to effect me. I’m going to probably start closing accounts I’m not using, it’s too much effort veryfing all cc
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.