cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays/Walmart scores...why different??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Barclays/Walmart scores...why different??

So Walmart updated the fico score and I logged in, and saw..... No freaking change at all. It's says score 650, same as last month. But Barclays updates every 2 months, and I continue to see an increase. Sometimes 1-2 pts, but last time, 7! But my current Walmart scores match my Barclays score from September! 

Do think Walmart is getting their scores from older reports??  After all, they are Synchrony, and known to pull old reports and deny you from that on cli or new cards. I just don't understand why they aren't matching up, and secondly... Why I didn't move in score when I've been gardening for 3 months . Thoughts? I can't wait till Barclays updates in a few days to see theirs. 

They are both supposed to be true fico scores

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays/Walmart scores...why different??

If I pull my Walmart score right when Barclay notifies me of a change they always match. Walmart score is accurate up to the second when you pull it. Just like pulling a new Fico score from here. As far as when the Walmart score updates on its own, no, in my experience it's an older score.

Message 2 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

So Walmart updated the fico score and I logged in, and saw..... No freaking change at all. It's says score 650, same as last month. But Barclays updates every 2 months, and I continue to see an increase. Sometimes 1-2 pts, but last time, 7! But my current Walmart scores match my Barclays score from September! 

Do think Walmart is getting their scores from older reports??  After all, they are Synchrony, and known to pull old reports and deny you from that on cli or new cards. I just don't understand why they aren't matching up, and secondly... Why I didn't move in score when I've been gardening for 3 months . Thoughts? I can't wait till Barclays updates in a few days to see theirs. 

my barclays and walmart got pulled 5 days apart with nothing new reporting and i received different scores also, so not quite sure what the deal is , going to wait for discover to report later this month , it will be the tie breaker!!!

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Walmart soft pulls your TU every month to generate their Fico. The score is real and accurate on the day that it states it was pulled. Scores are a fluid number and are generated on the fly from the info in your report at the time the score is requested so its always possible they will fluctuate even day to day as updates are always arriving at the CRAs. I was just denied a CLI on my Chevron card due to a PR on file, they used a report from August for that one and it is the last time they softed me for that account, I dont have a PR on file anymore so I will just wait till I see the next soft for that account post.

Message 4 of 16
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

If they pulled same day they would match. As both (all 3) are the same model the newest score is your actual score (at that time). 

Differance is usually between updates, 2 cards reporting when you change which card is reporting or Different UTIL % reporting. 

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. When I received my Walmart score, I logged in and it said.. As of jan 6, 2015 your fico score is 650. Same as last month. Even though its an actual score, that score could have been from an older report that was pulled on right? Do the scores reflect the last time Walmart sifted me in order to get the score?

Barclays only updates every two months and last was in November and they put me at 657. Two months prior to that in Septmeber they had me at 650. Which is what Walmart has me last month and this month.

I'm not understanding the difference at all here.. I'm not u sweats ding apparently why is the Walmart score is "current" it's not matching with Barclays ugh!Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 16
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

It's from the soft pull on Jan 6th not an older report. In Barclays were to have pulled on the 6th it would have been the same score.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 7 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Why is my Barclays higher, this is what I don't understand. I also don't know why my score didn't increase on Walmart and stayed the same, I'm ticked. I've been gardening for 3 months, no changes to it no inquiries nothing, for my credit profile, every month I garden since in in a dirty bucket I should see progress and an increase every month, even if it one point
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:

It's from the soft pull on Jan 6th not an older report. In Barclays were to have pulled on the 6th it would have been the same score.

Not true. At least not for me. I update my score daily on Walmart and most of December (the last half) it was 669. On January 1st it went to 674. It was like that everyday in January until the 7th.  Then on January 8th when it "updated for me it said as of January 8th my score was 669 (which it was in December). I refreshed it and got the 674 score again, which it was the night before and the 7 days before this "update".

Message 9 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

How Do you refresh your Walmart scores?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.