cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Careful - Experian can be confusing. They made a big mistake!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is Upsetting Me...Big Time!

I don't think you understand me. First, do creditors look at Fico score, yes or no?
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyhow...what I think some of y'all don't understand is that my Fico score is impacted by this mistake. So if a lender looks at Fico score, they are getting an incorrect score. Experian themselves said when this accidental late payment glitch is fixed that my score will go up!
Message 22 of 34
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Fico score is affected by the error. So no one looks at Fico score during a credit check?

An experien fico 08 score is generated by the information in the experian credit report, and only the experian credit report. I do not understand what you mean by it existing on the experian subscription service. Experian subscription service does not hold the data, experian CRA does. All the subscription service does is pulls the experian credit report, applies the fico alogorithm to that data, and that generates the score. If you pull a full current experian credit report, and the errant info is not on the report, it can't be on the subscription service fico score if they do a new pull, and any creditor would do a new pull.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect. Experian confirmed this. Let me explain...I have a myfico.com subscription. When I review my FICO scores, and it breaks down what it consists of, it says that I have one account as showing 90+ late in my history... and that my score is taking that late payment into account. My actual Experian report was updated to say "was never 90 days late". However, the Experian subscription service still shows that account as 90 days late. And Experian explained to me that Fico pulls the data from their subscription service data... and this due to a technical glitch...so my FICO score is lower because it thinks I have an account that is 90+ days past due. Even Experian told me once this is fixed, my Fico score should increase. Problem is, it has been 30 days and I need a credit check, and I want a correct score as I am now (with the incorrect score) on the edge of fair & good. I'd rather have the FICO score return as good, of course... now, in their defense, they claim it will be fixed no later than 45 days...but I think having to wait that long to get a score corrected is plain wrong...
Message 24 of 34
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Be Careful - Experian can be confusing. They made a big mistake!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Are your other scores increasing?

Yes. Transunion and Equifax are going up monthly

Same here. My EX scores have been stuck at 729 for like 4 months now. My TU went up to 751 and they all have the SAME. EXACT. INFO!! So frustrating. Even more so because EQ is still stuck at 696! They're the only idiots who won't correct my late payment when the original lender has asked like 5 times for them to remove it! 

It seems that the only thing that will help our profiles right now is time. Nothing you can do about that except wait and not open any more accounts. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 25 of 34
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted about this a month ago, but to make a long story short...

I have been waiting on the Experian subscription service (usa.experian.com) to correct an issue with my actual Experian report.

The Experian subcription service incorrectly shows an account 90+ past due. My actual Experian report was corrected sometime to remove that error.

The Experian subscription service is affecting MyFico scores with incorrect info. Experian acknowledges and says it takes 30-45 days to fix the "glitch".

I am now at the 30 day mark. I have contacted customer support and all they can say is I have to wait.

So I have to suffer with an incorrect Fico score due to their error? I need to apply for some things but want to wait until my scores have been corrected. What if it isn't fixed in 45 days? Do I have any recourse?

I can't believe I have to wait 30-45 days for them to fix this glitch.

Your information isn't technically incorrect, though. EX has the correct info, they're just not reporting it where you can see it. If you were to apply for anything, wouldn't the lender get the correct info directly from EX? 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a lender was solely looking at my actual report, fine - But don't lenders look at your FICO score to help determine credit worthiness and interest rates?

Message 27 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Incorrect. Experian confirmed this. Let me explain...I have a myfico.com subscription. When I review my FICO scores, and it breaks down what it consists of, it says that I have one account as showing 90+ late in my history... and that my score is taking that late payment into account. My actual Experian report was updated to say "was never 90 days late". However, the Experian subscription service still shows that account as 90 days late. And Experian explained to me that Fico pulls the data from their subscription service data... and this due to a technical glitch...so my FICO score is lower because it thinks I have an account that is 90+ days past due. Even Experian told me once this is fixed, my Fico score should increase. Problem is, it has been 30 days and I need a credit check, and I want a correct score as I am now (with the incorrect score) on the edge of fair & good. I'd rather have the FICO score return as good, of course... now, in their defense, they claim it will be fixed no later than 45 days...but I think having to wait that long to get a score corrected is plain wrong...

@Anonymous either you misunderstood the the person you spoke with or you were given wrong information. 

The data the Experian subscription service uses for consumer scores is pulled from the overall Experian data set (which is where lender data is pulled).  Lender data is not pulled from the subscription service. 

The score you get from your credit monitoring service will be the same as the score a lender generates if the underlying data is the same, but they aren't otherwise 'connected'.  In other words, if there's a glitch in your monitoring service it won't have any impact on the scores a lender gets when they do a fresh pull of your credit.

As long as your report itself is correct there won't be an issue with the score a lender gets; the new score will reflect the new data.

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB  Mllty either you misunderstood the the person you spoke with or you were given wrong information.

The data the Experian subscription service uses for consumer scores is pulled from the overall Experian data set (which is where lender data is pulled). Lender data is not pulled from the subscription service.

The score you get from your credit monitoring service will be the same as the score a lender generates if the underlying data is the same, but they aren't otherwise 'connected'. In other words, if there's a glitch in your monitoring service it won't have any impact on the scores a lender gets when they do a fresh pull of your credit.

As long as your report itself is correct there won't be an issue with the score a lender gets; the new score will reflect the new data.

Thanks Unc this is good knowledge. Sure did not know! Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree. I will post screenshots tomorrow to show exactly what I am talking be about.
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.