Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming a credit expert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Becoming a credit expert

Hello all, I am new here and hope this is the right area for this question. I am interested in taking credit classes that give a certificate showing completion  of FICO type classes. This is truly for my own benefit and to help family members if they need it. Any advice on what to do or direction to go would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kimbersleep
Contributor

Re: Becoming a credit expert

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I am new here and hope this is the right area for this question. I am interested in taking credit classes that give a certificate showing completion  of FICO type classes. This is truly for my own benefit and to help family members if they need it. Any advice on what to do or direction to go would be much appreciated. Thanks!

A neighbor of mine works in credit repair and her whole company regularly attends Credit Boot Camp put on by Mike Citron, who is the founder of a company called DisputeSuite. She said it's offered twice per year at various locations around the country and they receive certificates of completion.

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My recommendation would be the FCRA certification training program offered by the Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA).

CDIA is the contractor that developes and publishes the actual credit reporting manual used by the big-4 CRAs.  It holds the copyright on the manual, and represents the CRAs on credit topics.  They are the co-developer of the Metro 2 format that is required for reporting to the big-3 CRAs.

In a nutshell, they are the primary source of information and training on credit reporting and the FCRA.

I would recommend checking out their various training programs, which are outlined on their web site.

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you TXDude for the question and you Robert for the info on the training program offered by CDIA. Also, Kim, I'll look into Mike Citrons course.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.