cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Egg offer worth it or go 0% BT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Egg offer worth it or go 0% BT?

@Anonymous wrote:

JaseT - WOW! That thread certainly shines a 4000 Luemen light on things!  Wow!  I am glad I read that! 

Thank you.... I will NOT be doing best egg, if I do anything now it will be through my CU only after I refi that car loan I mentioned.

Thanks again... this is why I love this place! GREAT info. Thank you all and please, as always, keep it coming!

I am glad that my mishap at least prevented someone else from making the same mistake. 

Message 11 of 18
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

JaseT - WOW! That thread certainly shines a 4000 Luemen light on things!  Wow!  I am glad I read that! 

Thank you.... I will NOT be doing best egg, if I do anything now it will be through my CU only after I refi that car loan I mentioned.

Thanks again... this is why I love this place! GREAT info. Thank you all and please, as always, keep it coming!

I am glad that my mishap at least prevented someone else from making the same mistake. 

Yeah...more like ROTTEN EGG!  Smiley Tongue

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah...more like ROTTEN EGG!  Smiley Tongue

I also got my Chex report the other day... they put two inquiries on my Chex. Only inquiries were those two and DCU. They never disclosed that they would hit my Chex, much less twice. 

The bottom line is a personal loan should only be gotten from a major bank or from a CU. Lesson learned. Although now that I’m in with NFCU, it’s a moot point. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is NFCU and why does NFCU seem to be such a big deal here?  I see it referenced a lot. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NFCU and why does NFCU seem to be such a big deal here?  I see it referenced a lot. 

NFCU is Navy Federal Credit Union, a credit union for service members and their families that also happens to be the largest credit union in the country and has excellent rates on their credit products, excellent customer service, and is known for extremely generous credit limits even to those with credit the big companies won’t touch. I have been a member since September (my father and grandfather were both in the Air Force which makes me eligible for membership) and they started me with a $3K limit at 11.4% which was their lowest rate at the time and now I have two cards, one $2K and the other $12,700 in addition to a $500 checking line of credit and they extended all of that to me with my scores and low $18K income.

They opened huge doors for me with credit and my Platinum card, the $12,700 one, has an unbelievable 8.24% interest rate currently. For reference, among my non-CU cards the lowest ongoing APR I currently have is 21.24%. 

If you are eligible, NFCU is a no-brainer. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!!!!!!!! Wow!   I am retired Air Force after 22 short years of service.  I'm pretty sure I would qualify...

Looks like THIS is yet, another game changer for me!  YIKES!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG!!!!!!!!! Wow!   I am retired Air Force after 22 short years of service.  I'm pretty sure I would qualify...

Looks like THIS is yet, another game changer for me!  YIKES!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Thank you for your service! Yes, you would definitely qualify. They’re seriously amazing. I wish I had known about my eligibility sooner!

Message 17 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You should definitely join NFCU. You definitely qualify.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.