Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best and worst Credit Card site/app?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best and worst Credit Card site/app?

Had curiosity about your impressions from websites/apps from the credit cards on your wallets. Which one do you think is the best/clearer/useful? And also the website or app that gives you nightmares about managing your cards. In my case, I am pretty divided over the one I like the most, but I would say Amex (Even though I just got it)or the Best Buy credit card site. The one that gives me nightmares is definitely the PNC one, that thing looks as it is stuck in 2005. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Best and worst Credit Card site/app?

I like the Amex website the most by a wide margin.

Citi and Discover next. Then maybe Barclays.

Chase has great rewards, protections, and customer service...but the website is still pretty primitive and lacks most transaction search/organization tools.

Haven't used Cap1 enough to judge.

Question: Does the Virgin Atlantic BofA card have the same transaction search tools as the Cash/Travel/Premium rewards cards? At some point I may bonus chase the Virgin Atlantic card as a trial of going the Preferred Rewards route some day.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover site I do not know, I mean, it is easy to get and all, but it is just to boring for me, mostly the app as it looks almost as a newspaper. Have not tried Barclays yet.

@wasCB14 wrote:
Question: Does the Virgin Atlantic BofA card have the same transaction search tools as the Cash/Travel/Premium rewards cards? At some point I may bonus chase the Virgin Atlantic card as a trial of going the Preferred Rewards route some day.

Regarding this question, a lot of my friends have cards with Bank of America (Mostly because their parents bank with them and so on) But no idea, I suppose it does, but I cannot confirm it, as most of my friends do not even know how to pay it. Had tried to get the card twice, and twice rejected by Bofa, added the fact that they bank with half of my family and their story, I have an almost hate for them Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best app award goes to Amex for sure with MySynchrony next (you can even request CLIs from the app) followed closely by Capital One.

If Disco was a bit cleaner, their app would win because it has the most features but it’s a cluttered mess IMO.

I love the Apple Card’s interface in Wallet and it would be number one if it was actually a dedicated app.

The best website goes to Disco for me. I find Amex to be cumbersome to navigate.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Capital One the best. Site and app. Worse is Rakuten/Synchrony site. No app. They have a bug when you’re on mobile, the chat bar appears right in the middle of the screen.

Message 5 of 17
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Good:

Citi - specifically, the app, is very slick with good features

Cap 1 - the web site is pretty good, the app is better

Discover - both site and app are solid

OK:

Amex - the app is good, the web site has good features but can be cumbersome to navigate

Amazon/Sync - good features but not the same level of design quality as the ones above it on this list

Bad:

Primor Green Dot ... though I feel like it's not a fair comparison with the others I listed. Barely functional, looks like it was designed in 1995, though it does work

My Jewelers Club - really probably not a fair comparison at all, but very few features or functions

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 6 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Best for me would probably be the AMEX website/app. I love how on the app you can use messages to contact AMEX and not have to call or use website interface.

Worst is probably a tie between US Bank and CNB. App for former is clunky to say the least and for latter the website is so troublesome because of how many hoops you have to jump through to get to where you want.

Message 7 of 17
Stribe
Contributor

Best - any app/site that makes info easy to see and the bill easy to pay (Amex/Barclays/Discover)

Worst - US Bank, PayPal/Synch, Target RC
5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 8 of 17
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

My worst is the Citi site for the LL Bean Mastercard. It doesn't show pending transactions and doesn't offer rewards information on a per-transaction basis. There's no app. Without pending transactions and an app, there are no notifications when transactions occur. Topping it off is the fact that I haven't been able to log in for over two weeks. I haven't seen my August 5th statement yet.

Capital One and AMEX are both good. I haven't found anything that's gotten in my way. Chase is sufficient, although setting up notifications is goofy. You have to set them up on the website in order for the app to generate them.

Message 9 of 17
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I missed some stuff. Smiley Happy

AMEX's chat is a mess, particularly because it doesn't save anything. However, I'm seeing that alternative chat options are available, including Apple's. I haven't checked that out yet.

Chase doesn't offer chat at all. Nor does Citi. I haven't tried chat with Capital One.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.