Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later Requirements

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Bill Me Later Requirements

Does anyone know what kind of score you need for Bill Me Later?
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later Requirements

I'm curious too.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have no idea what "bill me later" is. I have never heard of it.

If you have a balance that is due, I know of no legal agreement with a creditor that forgoes their right to bill.

Why would any creditor not bill for a debt due? Does it excuse continued escalation of interest?

I must admit, I am clueless on the whole concept, and thus dont know how to request such a thing???

Message 3 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

Bill Me Later is a program start by CIT bank where they approve you for a purchase and have either 90 days or 6 months to PIF.  If you do so before the term period ends, you pay no  interest, if you don't PIF by the term date, they charge > 20% interest back from the day of the purhcase.

You don't get a CL, its a per-purchase thing.  The nice thing about BML is that you only get an INQ.  No account shows up on your CR.  The same thing for Newegg credit card which is backed by CIT bank as well.

I recommend BML.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 11
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

It can be used at Walmart.com  Do you need a real good credit history, does anyone know?

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 5 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

If you have a balance that is due, I know of no legal agreement with a creditor that forgoes their right to bill.

Why would any creditor not bill for a debt due? Does it excuse continued escalation of interest?

I must admit, I am clueless on the whole concept, and thus dont know how to request such a thing???

I'm with you on this Robert. I'd never heard of this before.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I'm with you on this Robert. I'd never heard of this before.

https://www.billmelater.com/index.xhtml 

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can by airline tickets, computers, a lot of big ticket items.  I don't know what the particular criteria is however.
Message 8 of 11
RaymondoJoneso
New Visitor

I just spoke with a representative at BillMeLater and I was told that if you do so through Paypal they look at your PayPal statements and take that into consideration. He said you don't have to have good credit to be approved.

Message 9 of 11
policebox
Contributor

According to the Credit Pulls Database, in the last year scores for approvals ranged from 580 to 702. Some people reported getting approvals when being used through eBay when they had be denied at other times.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.