Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later

tag
KIND70
New Visitor

BML

THEY JUST DROPPED MY SCORE AND I HAVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Me Later

I highly recommend everyone NOT to apply BML. I have horrible experience with BML. For those people mostly using iPhone Paypal app to check the balance, BML could be a disaster. Even you have balance on BML, Paypal app shows BML credit 0.00, the balance is not shown until you click it to next page. You see the problem, the convinience of using cellphone is totally compromised.

I made a purchase about 6 month ago with BML for total $14.99, today I received a paper statement, total balance is up to more than $96.00, which includes the interest and late fee charges. As I remember this is the first paper statement I received; I did receive email notification every month, but the problem is when I logged in to Paypal from iPhone, I didn't see the balance, the Paypal app is really bad bad designed, or that's their intent to confuse customers to charge more late fees.

Hope what happened to me will not happen to you. I made call to the service to get two late fees waved, they didn't agree to wave all my late fees, but I still paid more than double as originally charged in BML. BTW I even have credit in my Paypal account, seems they are two separated systems....who knows. I closed my BML account right away after talking to the customer service.

Good luck for everyone still using BML. 

Message 12 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Does a Bill Me Later option have the same credit standards as a credit card?

What do you mean by "standards"?  Even credit cards don't all have the same approval requirements.

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

What scores qualify usually?

A very wide range.  Those with lesser credit will typically just get lower limits.

Message 13 of 14
d170
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I highly recommend everyone NOT to apply BML. I have horrible experience with BML. For those people mostly using iPhone Paypal app to check the balance, BML could be a disaster. Even you have balance on BML, Paypal app shows BML credit 0.00, the balance is not shown until you click it to next page. You see the problem, the convinience of using cellphone is totally compromised.

I made a purchase about 6 month ago with BML for total $14.99, today I received a paper statement, total balance is up to more than $96.00, which includes the interest and late fee charges. As I remember this is the first paper statement I received; I did receive email notification every month, but the problem is when I logged in to Paypal from iPhone, I didn't see the balance, the Paypal app is really bad bad designed, or that's their intent to confuse customers to charge more late fees.

Hope what happened to me will not happen to you. I made call to the service to get two late fees waved, they didn't agree to wave all my late fees, but I still paid more than double as originally charged in BML. BTW I even have credit in my Paypal account, seems they are two separated systems....who knows. I closed my BML account right away after talking to the customer service.

Good luck for everyone still using BML. 

But most should know, an app is simply convenience.   Most apps don't allow 100% function as viewing via their website. Usually they pull from paypal first and then use BML. I think your situation is something that is few and far between.  Sorry you did incur two late fees though. Those can become quite costly. 

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.