Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BillMeLater (BML)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BillMeLater (BML)

I would send them a letter for debt validation just to make sure that its not another account. It certainly seems odd for them to be coming after you after all this time. Since there is no verbiage about the age of debt on the letter, I wouldn't take any chances that this gets put on your credit report. 

Message 11 of 14
FicoMiko
Established Member

Will a reply to a validation letter include all the need to knows like DoFD, last payment, age, etc?
2018 TU: 576
2018 EQ: 547
2018 EX: 539
2019 TU: 685
2019 EQ: 690
2019 EX: 685
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what they actually will send you because I have never had someone come after me for debt that wasn't actually mine but I would assume that proof would have to include account numbers and dates. 

Message 13 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FicoMiko wrote:
Will a reply to a validation letter include all the need to knows like DoFD, last payment, age, etc?

Yes. They will send an itemized, detail statement of the debt. 

So again, respond via "certified--return receipt requested" within the 30-day period disputing the debt and asking for proof/validation that you owe the debt. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.