Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed 30 days past due on the 28th?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Billed 30 days past due on the 28th?

First Premiere Bank's due date is usually the 5th of the month. I missed the first one (1/5) & to my understanding, I had until the next billing date (2/9 or 2/10) to make a payment & not be reported. Instead, they billed me today, 2/7, causing me to be reported to credit bureaus. I just made the payment today.

Can they actually bill me that early? They just billed me within 28 days instead of 30! And if I report this to credit bureaus, how much of a chance do I have to have it removed?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Billed 30 days past due on the 28th?

If the due date were January 5th, you would have been 30 days past due on February 4th.  As for due dates, The CARD Act only requires that lenders give you at least 21 days from the time of mailing or delivery of your statement to make a payment.  Disputing it with the credit bureaus would be unethical and is not likely to work in your favor.  Your best bet would be to call your lender and ask them to remove the late reporting since you have made the payment and presumably brought the account current.

Message 2 of 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Billed 30 days past due on the 28th?

@Anonymous wrote:

First Premiere Bank's due date is usually the 5th of the month. I missed the first one (1/5) & to my understanding, I had until the next billing date (2/9 or 2/10) to make a payment & not be reported. Instead, they billed me today, 2/7, causing me to be reported to credit bureaus. I just made the payment today.

Can they actually bill me that early? They just billed me within 28 days instead of 30! And if I report this to credit bureaus, how much of a chance do I have to have it removed?

You had till approximately 02/04 to make a payment, without it being a 30 day late. 

It appears you've crossed into 30 day late territory. 

If they report it, I am not sure what you'd be disputing as this appears to be a legitimate late payment. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.