cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay 2021 (Update 9/20/21 - Accounts Closed)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Blispay 2021

@Adkins wrote:

And my Blispay account dropped off EX last month. Anyone else lose their history also?

I guess "reports for 10 years after closure" mantra relies on an institution actually existing to do the monthly updates.  

Message 31 of 36
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Blispay 2021

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

And my Blispay account dropped off EX last month. Anyone else lose their history also?

I guess "reports for 10 years after closure" mantra relies on an institution actually existing to do the monthly updates.  

That's my guess also. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 32 of 36
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Blispay 2021 (Update 9/20/21 - Accounts Closed)

I never even noticed mine dropping off EX until now that I've read about it.
To think I was scrambling last couple of years to close it before the "Closed by Credit Grantor" thing! Lol

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 33 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Been reading about Cardless and how its also using the ex-frys bank (FEB).. Kinda think its the original folks from Blispay wanting to start fresh after selling off Blispay to Commenty.... with a different product that might work.. the online account access....appears to have some similarities in concept to the blispay card.  The more i see of it, the more i see some similarities, or just deja-vu...

-J

Message 34 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

For what it's worth, the account has gone <poof!> from my Experian report as well... very curious! 🤔

In my case my average age of accounts is roughly the same as the age of the old Blispay account so it's presence/absence is mostly neutral, but this is definitely an example of how old accounts may report for up to 10 years, but they definitely don't have to!

Message 35 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Quick note... since the chatter on the card itself is over and we're now chatting about how the old account is reporting, I've moved the thread to General Credit.

--UB

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.