cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa check account help with future cc apps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boa check account help with future cc apps?

I decided to take advantage of the hundred-dollar bonus to open the checking account. I also did this because I may get their credit card to get 3% plus cashback on gasI believe it is something like .5% more when you deposit into Bank of America account. I have heard you basically have to have a relationship with them or they will start you off with a very low starting limit or deny you. I have also heard they are new account sensitive within the last 6 months.
I plan to wait until at least December or January since I just got to cards in May. If I do apply then I will only have one or two inquiries scorable on all 3 reports.
do most people get pre-qualifications through the mail after they sign up for a checking account? I know their site is unreliable for pre-qualifications. I am not interested in cold applying for Bank of America.
I did apply for one of their cards last year when I had terrible credit and had no business doing so. So I am not sure if I would be accepted with the score I have now. Does anybody have any situations where they got a Bank of America checking account and received a mail-in offer for a credit card?
Is there anything in specific I should know about this Bank? How are they with credit limit increases do they always do a hard pull or soft pull? Do they like thin profiles? Are they okay with 2 years of credit history or would they want more than that? Any information is greatly appreciated like I said I do not intend on applying for 6 months but this is how I do my research.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Boa check account help with future cc apps?

My only experience with BoA CC was their Travel Rewards card that I opened last october, and they AA'ed me a few months later and closed it. They gave me a $3,000 limit, which at the time was my highest limit, before NFCU blessed me with a $18k limit on a 2nd card. I had the card for probably like 3 months, and had about a $1k balance on it (0% for 12 months promo), and then I let my NFCU card report a $12k balance (all reimbursed work expenses, not a shopping spree lol, and I mis-calculated my statement cut off date so it hit) and literally the next day after that balance reported, I got an e-mail that bank of america was closing my account as part of an account review. I guess they are very sensitive during the first few months of the account. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

People will always argue whether or not a bank account with a lender prior to a CC app can "help" or not.  One thing is for certain though, it can't hurt.  Assuming you treat the bank account well (don't overdraft or anything) it can only help.

As for the other questions, those should be left to those with BoA cards.  From what I understand though they've recently moved to SP CLIs and some people report getting them as frequent as 3-4 months and many monster limits have been arrived at on this forum from multiple healthy CLIs on BoA cards.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty. They seem to be a great bank for some, and not so much for others. Im going to just let 1 of my DD hit my boa per month to offset fees. Then I'll hope just having an account gets me some pre quals. (Of course my report is more important than a bank relationship).
I'm in a situation where credit card companies are starting to raise my limits. But I also think a new card could have a low limit since I am in somewhat of a transition. From low available credit to higher available credit. 20500, total cl. Like I said I will wait for a pre-qualification and go from there. Unless I am missing something and people cold app and are approved often.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.