Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA hard pull for opening checking account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA hard pull for opening checking account

my bank did a hard pull when i was forced to open new acct as they kept losing my deposits. They finally had it removed but not without some phone calls.  They screwed up. why take it out on me.  I was with them for years.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I discovered my bank (Wells) did TWO hard pulls when I opened a second account with them recently, and they were happy to remove both when I asked politely. But it was hard to find the right person there to do this.

I'm not sure how much this affected my score, but I did see this as a negative item on my fico report ("too many recent inqueries").So I think there is a real impact from bank inqueries.

Your bank is incentivized to help you if you have some cash in your account (they need all the cash they can get these days!). So I'd call your bank, explain it's hurting your score and that you didn't apply for new credit, and ask what triggered the inquery and mention it's hurting your score unfairly.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened a check/sav at BOFA on 5/26 and i also have 2 inq on TU.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I discovered my bank (Wells) did TWO hard pulls when I opened a second account with them recently, and they were happy to remove both when I asked politely. But it was hard to find the right person there to do this.

I will be talking to bofa as well about the inq removal.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a checking account with Chase back in February by phone...they did a soft pull and asked me all the identity verification questions required by new security laws, but no hard pull.

Opened a US Bank this week...no hard and no soft.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be opening a checking account with any bank that wanted to pull a hard inquiry on my credit report.

Message 15 of 17
armymom
Regular Contributor

I opened a BOFA checking and savings in 10/08  and have one inq on EX.  Maybe it depends on the location??  I  opened a second checking in 02/09 and had no inq. 
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey WellsFargo hard pulled me twice as well. Checking and savings. Do you have the number so i can ask to remove like you did. Thanks

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.