Since 2005 I have successfully got many accounts deleted or late payments

Discover

Att Universal Card(Citi)

GTE Visa(Citi)

Car Repo(cosigned)

Late Payments removed from Cap 1 and Target, Penny

3 Collections for medical bills

$1000 Cell Phone Bill without paying anything

This month I received a new Citi and Discover card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Bragging Rights

WTG!!!!!!

Congrats to you for your credit repair success! 

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 9
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

How did you get the Cap1 late removed? I have a late payment from September 2003, I have tried several times to dispute it and it always comes back as verified. This is the only blemish on my report *other than my high utilzation*

At this point I am not sure if it really matters.  Right now my scores are EQ 703 and TU 709 and I don't plan on applying for anything in the near future. I know this is scheduled to fall off in September of 2010, is it worth it putting any more effort in trying to get this removed or just let it fall off on its own? My scores keep improving every month due to high amounts of debt that I am paying.

As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

When Cap 1 reopened my account after being closed in 2004 b/c of late payments they took it upon themselves to remove the lates.  I didn't ask. 

Back in April after two years of trying to figure out why my account was not showing on my TU report without success with Cap 1 or TU, I filed a complaint against Cap 1 with the BBB.

That complaint got to Cap 1 executive office and my account was added to TU. Cap 1 said another credit reporting agency told them to delete it the reason why it wasn't showing.  When the account was added to TU the account history was changed reflecting the lates on all my credit reports.  I quickly disputed, but Cap 1 was already in the process of removing the lates.

When I first saw the lates added back to all my credit reports,  I thought they were retaliating against me for filing a complaint.  But since they removed the lates once more, we now have a good relationship again. 

Cap 1 is not known for removing lates. 

Message 4 of 9
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

Ah oh well. I don't plan on applying for anything within the next year or so. I plan on trying to get a mortgage next year, around Jun/July. By that point I don't think a late from 2003 is going to make any difference. By then my utilization should be way under control. 

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

3 inquiries

6 years

0 accounts

82% (Ouch)
Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

At this point I am not sure if it really matters.  Right now my scores are EQ 703 and TU 709 and I don't plan on applying for anything in the near future. I know this is scheduled to fall off in September of 2010, is it worth it putting any more effort in trying to get this removed or just let it fall off on its own? My scores keep improving every month due to high amounts of debt that I am paying.

People say late payments older than 4 years are not affecting your score much.  My opinion is until the late payment falls off, it affecting your score.  It never hurts to disputes it, but I wouldn't waste time contacting Cap 1 to remove it since it will be removed in Sept 2010.  

Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DI wrote:

@Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

People say late payments older than 4 years are not affecting your score much.  My opinion is until the late payment falls off, it affecting your score.  It never hurts to disputes it, but I wouldn't waste time contacting Cap 1 to remove it since it will be removed in Sept 2010.  

Just a friendly reminder to all that on these forums, we don't discuss disputing valid lates.

Congrats on your success in GW'ing your lates! I could use some of that.

30's and 60's lose their sting with time. 90's and above keep you in the serious derog bucket until they finally fall off. Having multiple lates, even old 30's, hurts, because you get the ding for having lates on multiple timelines, which will be an even bigger ding if/ when FICO 08 staggers onto the scene.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

Sorry if I made it sound as if its a valid late. It is not, thats what bugs me. It wasnt until I got into the whole FICO system that I noticed it, by then it had been on there so long that I don't think that it was affecting my scores that bad. At this point I really don't care. One thing is for sure, I will never ever in my life do business with Cap 1.

3 inquiries

6 years

0 accounts

82% (Ouch)
Message 8 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

OP I understood from the content it wasn't a valid late.   As a suggestion I would  file a complaint with the BBB.

Message Edited by DI on 07-23-2009 08:13 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.