cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brother has a car in his name, but CK and CS says no score due to insufficient history

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Brother has a car in his name, but CK and CS says no score due to insufficient history

I've been trying to keep my brother up to date with what I've been doing and explaining the benefits of maintaining good credit, etc. he now wants a CC. He has a car in his name (the car is in both his and my mom's name), which he got back in August.  He's been denied from Capone platinum and even american eagle's store card. How is it that he's had an auto loan in his name and have been making payments on time (except 1) but when he signed up for creditkarma and creditsesame, they said no score due to insufficient history? But then, when Capone denied him, they said his EX score was in the mid 600s, so I'm confused. Should he just buy the EQ and TU scores from here so he'll know for sure?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Brother has a car in his name, but CK and CS says no score due to insufficient history

Possibly financing with a company who doesn't report

Example buy here pay here most of them don't report to CR

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Brother has a car in his name, but CK and CS says no score due to insufficient history

Hi,

CS and CK are generally considered unreliable.  For a better way to determine if the car loan actually reports,

start with pulling your FREE Credit Report's from annualcreditreport.com. They tend to have more info on them than ones from a 3rd party. The Credit Reports from annualcreditreport.com, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free Credit Report from TU, EQ and EX every 12 months.

Save your money and Don't Buy the Scores, they are what we call FAKO's.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

The company does report, because it shows one late payment on my mom's report from his car. Also, he's really trying to get a card, if he has to go secured, he will, but he's really looking for an unsecured. Should I have him apply for Walmart CC and CapOne Journeys? And if denied, I'll have him apply for a secured card?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.